how do you feel about walmart selling ARs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwnisher17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    So that's my question. My bro dosnt like it do to the fact that they are Bc of the fact that Walmart associates get paid around minimum therefore so some one bribed them in order to sell the rifle that's a 30 rd. 308 in the hands of a criminal. Or the fact that Walmart associates don't carry guns therefore much easier to steal vs a gun store.
    Thoughts?

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    I say go for it, it is America afterall and if they go through the proper chanels and get the proper lisencing it shouldnt matter unless they break the law.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. Does it detract from gun store business? Yes. However, a lot of people would never set foot in a gun store because of the inherent danger associated with those evil black rifles. They see them at Walmart and now all of a sudden they aren't so evil and more people are going to gun stores to look at other guns.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    So that's my question. My bro dosnt like it do to the fact that they are Bc of the fact that Walmart associates get paid around minimum therefore so some one bribed them in order to sell the rifle that's a 30 rd. 308 in the hands of a criminal. Or the fact that Walmart associates don't carry guns therefore much easier to steal vs a gun store.
    Thoughts?

Why could that not happen in a gun store? If I am understanding what you are saying. :dunno:

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think they need to stick to selling Chineese stuff....just kidding (hell, I shop there for some stuff)...the only thing you may get from a gun store and not Wal-Mart is good advise about the brands, cleaning, shooting, ammo, breaking in rifle, what to expect, and on and on...now I do understand that some gun stores don't give the best advise, or haven't but let's not put every gun storekeeper the same pile.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    an ar 15 is just a .223 rifle, im glad walmart has balls to sell them, because people will criteak them for doing so. hopefully every american gets one and there not looked at as evil black rifles, but rather nice sporting .223 caliber rifles.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Wal-mart is really bad for small American companies, that being said, their prices are really good. If you are experienced with black rifles, it seems like a no brainer, but if you are a novice, a gun shop would probably be a better option??:dunno:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    :horse:You are gonna find some here who are completely anti-WM. Others don't care. Some see the evil empire of Wal Mart as the enemy. Look at it this way, they are a business and are trying to make a buck. Local gun stores are trying as well. Typically the quality of service will be better at the LGS and knowledge will almost always be much more vast. So, do what you want, let the others do what they decide. Personally I think I am going to stick with FTF and LGS because I can get my questions answered and I want them around when I need them. As long as they don't price themselves out of the market, of course.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I don't generally shop there, but good for them. I hope liquor stores start selling ARs too.

pwnisher17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Op here. Actually I work at Walmart Lol I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing but I could definitely see where my bro was coming from, gun store employees are all packing trying to rob a gun store much harder vs Walmart. Walmart pays much les then gun stores do so bribery is much easier to accomplish. But my bro is a cop in Phoenix so he's see fist hand what criminals ca n do and he' s just worried that Walmart will let something happen that's not supposed to. Hell Walmart manager only make like 30k starting.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Some people have such a distorted view of Walmart ,maybe they are unaware that only newbies make the low wages.I have family members working there-I know. Dept. mgrs and assistant mgrs. and even cashiers with a few years experience make more than anyone(except maybe the owner) working in your LGS . I buy from both LGS and walmart and don't have any complaints either way...YMMV:dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Depending on where you live, an AR from Walmart might be your only real chance to get into the platform without paying stupid prices for them.

As far as Walmart pay, yeah...associates don't make much. Certain levels of low-level management get slightly more. Some middle managers can make ok money but districts (depending on the market) can make a very, very comfortable living. Even the lower level market district managers make good money.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    hopefully it will bring the prices of all ars down.maybe a few more companies will start building a budget priced ar for people new to the sport. now with that being said i absolutly hate my wal-mart and most of the others that i've shopped at. not because of the threat they pose to the mom & pop stores but they never keep anything on the damn shelves.
    "hey we just sold out of product X in record time do we need to order more next time? nope because if we dont carry it anymore then we wont need to worry about it "

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Thoughts?

English?

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    selling ar's walmart is exerciseing there freedom, there not like target and other big name stores that wont sell alot of sporting goods because of fear of the anti gunners, so walley world even tho they do take bussiness from some small bussinesses, they are maken the right dession by not maken a policy of not selling tactical rifles.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Op here. Actually I work at Walmart Lol I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing but I could definitely see where my bro was coming from, gun store employees are all packing trying to rob a gun store much harder vs Walmart. Walmart pays much les then gun stores do so bribery is much easier to accomplish. But my bro is a cop in Phoenix so he's see fist hand what criminals ca n do and he' s just worried that Walmart will let something happen that's not supposed to. Hell Walmart manager only make like 30k starting.

Uhhh, I doubt that. My bro in-law is a dept. leader and makes ALMOST 30. I have heard that managers can make twice that possibly. You have any way to support this claim?

Top Bottom