• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I thought I had seen a thread at one point about how people carry, but I can't find it.

Any way! I've been trying the CC in the small of my back when I go out and it's not working for me. I have a sensitive spine so the extra pressure my carry gun adds (which is almost none really) makes walking more painful than it already is. I have a Uncle Mikes holster that's ambidextrous. I've tried CC on my hip, but it sticks out so much it might as well be OC. I could probably ditch the holster and carry in my boot, but that might get awkward if it slips down to much.

So how do you carry? Should I just OC all the time?

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    fobus paddle holster and an untucked, button-front shirt. or a light jacket that will clear the pistol during draw. i went through a few jackets before i found a couple that worked well. in the winter months, it's a shoulder holster and a field jacket, or the fobus and a bomber jacket.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    depends on the gun and the weather. if i carry my 1911, its either in a galco miami classic II shoulder rig or a Kirkpatrick leather concealment holster. Kirkpatrick makes excellent holsters and they have great customer service. i personally think they are much better than galco.

if i carry my glock, i just use a fobus paddle.

for deep concealment, i use and highly recommend High Noon Holsters. i use their tuckable IWB for my Bersa Thunder and Taurus 709 slim- they are very comfortable and conceal well...and i am a big guy so IWB has never been my thing. i also have a High Noon Pocket Grabber for the 709 which works pretty well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I carry my J-frame either in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster or in a High Noon Holster's Split Decision, IWB, at 3:30-4:00 depending on the location of belt loops on the pants I'm wearing.

If/when I wear my M&P, it rides in a Raven Concealment Phantom. This is convertable between IWB and OWB. I wear it, too, at 3:30-4:00.

If you're going to spend the money to buy a gun in order to defend you and yours, then you need to be willing to spend the money and at bare minimum buy a decent holster to put it in.

In MY book, those Uncle Mike's generic holsters with the clip aren't worth purchasing as a holster to use for a carry weapon. Yes, they are better than nothing, but just barely.

You don't have to buy a $100 holster... There are PLENTY of holsters out there for $30-$50.

-J-

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Mitch Rosen Premire paddle holster with snap loops -or- Milt Sparks VM-II. The belt is as important if not more than the holster. I use a Mitch Rosen 1 1/2" gun belt 99% of the time.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Kholster. I have carried for hours very comfortably...

picture.php

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    G23 in a Blackhawk CQC Paddleback most of the time about 3:30ish for OC or who cares CC :D or my Crossbreed supertuck IWB for CC when the CC matters to me.;)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry a Xd service 4". I have a Desantis pancake holster for, IWB. I just throw my shirt over, and you really can not tell I'm carrying. I carry at the three o clock position, and it's very comfortable. For OWB carry, I have my Xd gear belt holster. This is what I usually use for winter carry. I also have an Uncle Mikes kydex paddle holster. Sometimes when I practice drawing, the holster will not stay secure. You can buy belt adapters for them. I use a Blackhawk belt, with metal buckle and it works great. Here is my daily winter carry set up.

001-13.jpg

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    theweakbrother: I just assumed that rocket in your pocket was because I was around?

lilsoup: that looks like what I need to do.

U.S.Patriot: Do you wear that in your belt loops of your pants or a little higher?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    A well made GUN belt makes all the difference in my opinion. They are expensive but well worth it. I am not talking about a heavy duty Dickies work belt from Walmart either. Spend the money for a good Gun belt.

Top Bottom