• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Although my brother and sisters do not all share the same day, we are all December babies with fairly close dates.
    Dad's birthday is mid-March, so we figure we knew what dad got for his birthday...

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Although my brother and sisters do not all share the same day, we are all December babies with fairly close dates.
    Dad's birthday is mid-March, so we figure we knew what dad got for his birthday...
    That is really disturbing... cause my family's birthdays are the same way. Literally, the exact same. :n00b:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Mine appears to be one of the 3 least common. It's cause I'm special, I know.:cool:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Anybody else notice the "anomoly" that there seems to be a fairly cyclical pattern that cycles up and down in 7 day increments? That leads me to believe this data set does not span a number of years. One could reason that the number of scheduled induced labors and scheduled C-sections that take place on the weekend are few and far between; those would take place on weekdays, giving a cyclical pattern. However, the day of the week that a particular date lands on changes from year to year so given a broad enough data set that cyclical pattern would be eliminated.

The further emphasize that point, look at Jan 1 & 2, July 4, December 24 & 25. Those are ALL holidays that DO NOT change date based upon lunar cycles, week of the month it lands on etc, the date stays the same no matter what. OTOH, Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day (no pun intended) all change date based upon the calender. I think a reasonable assumption would be that there will be no scheduled births on those days. The days that do change date would show a cyclical pattern in a short data set but the Holidays that don't change date will show clearly on the same day. Therefore the variations caused by scheduled births are very clear, or there is something else fishy going on. If it's the former, it can be assumed that this data was only gathered over a 1-3 year period and is NOT a very accurate representation...

I would even go so far as to wager that this data may be 2012 & 2013 combined. Given that Nov. 23 is showing another "low spot". In 2012 that would be Black Friday and 2013 would be the Saturday following Black Friday. I'm sure most OB's won't be scheduling births on those days either. Because of leap year the 23rd "skipped over" Thanksgiving in 2011 and landed on Wednesday. It's probable that most wouldn't schedule on the Weds before Thanksgiving either due to the possibility of labor carrying over to Thanksgiving and ruining their time spent with family. Therefore the data could possibly have come from 2011-2013, or just 2011-2012.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom