• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They were fortunate to have come away with a win. A barely deserved win, but a win none-the-less.

And, for two weeks in a row, they barely squeek by.

As EVERYONE who pays attention to the Colts and NFL knows, as soon as you pressure #18, he becomes an average QB at best.

I think they're in trouble with their upcoming schedule, especially since everyone also knows that the Colts can't run the ball to save their lives.

Patriots next weekend. I think the Colts will get beaten and beaten soundly. Sad...but my opinion.

Week after that the Ravens. Who knows which Ravens team will show up. I'm about 51-49% on this one. I think they'll get beaten by Baltimore...but just barely. Another team with a defense that'll make things difficult for Indy, again, due to lack of a running game. However, Baltimore was beaten quite soundly by Cincy yesterday... Cincy's "OK" this year, but they're still the Bengals.

Then come the Texans again. I said at the beginning of the season that I thought that Indy and Houston would split this year. Indy won yesterday...I predict Houston will win next game.

Titans again after that. Again, I believed that Indy and TN would split when the season began. Had no idea that the Titans would end up so hapless. However, TN and IN ALWAYS play good games. I still think that TN can get a win.

Broncos: Another team of ups and downs...but mostly ups. I think the Broncos could very well win this one.

Jags: Colts had better win this one. Should win this one with Manning being blindfolded. But it's still a divisional game...

Jets: Depends on which Jets teams shows up. Their Defense is still a very stout unit. I would not be shocked if the Colts lose this one, too.

Bills: At Buffalo at the end of the season. By all accounts, they SHOULD beat them. I hope Caldwell doesn't rest everyone in prep. for the playoffs, but he might. This resting of players for the last game usually always bites 'em in the rear end. They should win...but I don't know that their 2nd unit can do it.

Playoffs: 1 and done...again.

IF the Colts can prove me wrong and win most of the games I have them losing, then I MIGHT change my tune with regards to the playoff games. Teams that make the playoffs are good, generally. Colts tend to struggle against good teams.

-J-

jrich2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Atlanta, IN
    Indy, I have to agree. I think the colts could be in trouble. The lack of the running game is going to be huge when you start playing better teams. I have also noticed instead of running the ball on third and short they like to throw those quick screens to a WR. I don't think that is the answer and will bite them in the long run. How long can Peyton's arm hold out with the amount of passes he is throwing?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Finally, some honest Colts fans. Actually, I have higher hopes for the Colts this year than the past several. Their defense seems to be a lot better and most of the players seem to be playing with a hunger that they've never had before. Of course, it could just be the crappy teams making them look so good. Seriously, I think they have a more well rounded team than they ever had. Get rid of some more dead weight like Sanders and Adai, they can afford more players yet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wow, some people would complain if you gave them a new gun!:D

Colts are 8-0. I cannot ask for more.

Any given Sunday and all that. We don't know who will win so we play the game.:)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yesterday was a good football day. The Colts won a nail biter and I got to watch my grandsons' team win (7 to 6) their junior championship game for their league! Go Bucs!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I think they're terrible. I mean, come on, how can they walk with their head up after going a lousey 8-0. They should fire Caldwell and Manning immediately.

:rolleyes: Geeees, what's team gotta do for a little respect around here???

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Oh, come on now, people.

I'm not ragging on them. I'm attempting to be brutally honest.

Yes, they're 8-0. But, in all honesty, they really haven't played "anyone important" yet. Until yesterday, that is. Texans are 2nd in the division...and have gotten progressively better the past few seasons.

Week before, they played the 49ers...another good defensive team. Good defensive teams that pressure the QB ALWAS give the Colts trouble. Always.

And now that we're into the "meat" of the schedule against some winning-record teams, things will get "real" really fast for the Colts.

Yes, Kirk, I do believe that on any given sunday any NFL team has the opportunity to beat any other NFL team. But then again, when you start to look at the match-ups closer...does anyone think that if the Colts and Lions played 10 games that it'd be a 5-game split? Hardly. Probably 8-2. Or 9-1.

This is all just opinion and surmising based on the Colts' games I've watched this season. That's all.

I will say this, each of the last 4-5 seasons I've picked the Colts to go 10-6 or 11-5. I've been pleasantly incorrect.

-J-

ETA: Good teams find a way to win amidst adversity. They did indeed win the last two games...amidst adversity.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yep, the 2nd half of the season will be tough no doubt. I don't think the Colts will go 16-0 this year, but think 12-4, maybe 13-3 is possible again. They've already pretty much won their division by virtue of Jacksonville and Tennesse being aweful this year, and they just beat Houston.

Winning the overall AFC will be tough, as Denver and NE are playing well, Cincy is a surprising 6-2, and the Steelers are always tough down the stretch. And, we all know what San Diego can do against the Colts in the play-offs.

But, a big part of being successful in any sport, pro, college, or prep is winning the games you are supposed to, and winning a few of the ones you shouldn't.

The Colts have done that so far...they should be 8-0 at this point in the season, and should win at least 4 more. As others have said, though, it is going to depend on how the rest of the AFC south teams play the 2nd time through.

What is also important is that it doesn't matter who should win on paper, and that goes for and against the Colts in some of the upcoming match up. Any given Sunday just about any NFL team can beat the others (there are a few that are just terrible this year).

Ask any Colt player, coach or fan if they are happy with 8-0, and they'll tell you Heck Yeah! But most of them are probably also aware that the Colts haven't exactly been known for finishing a season in the past decade and that they have some work to do to finish this one.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Colts

Seeing the struggles in the past two weeks, I wonder how much they miss Donald Brown in the running game. Seems like he does a good job giving Addai a breather once in a while. You have his running ability and runs on 3rd and short yards become more of a possibility.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Seeing the struggles in the past two weeks, I wonder how much they miss Donald Brown in the running game. Seems like he does a good job giving Addai a breather once in a while. You have his running ability and runs on 3rd and short yards become more of a possibility.

+1 on DoBro...they need him back. I think Caldwell is playing it a bit safe with him, realizing that he's key to not only any kind of late season / playoff run, but for the future of the team as well.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm an adopted Colts fan.

My real love is the Denver Broncos. But there offense sucks. BAD. Smelly bad. Orton throws like my sister. They are beginning there normal mid-season choke.

As far as the Colts, you can't complain about 8-0!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I feel the need to point out that no matter the outcome of the next handful of games, the Colts are almost assuredly going to make the playoffs.

If you look at all the Colt's playoff losses over the "Manning Era", you'll see that it's the offensive production that's the culprit in the losses. They've not been blown out at all, they're just not scoring points.

There's the rub with the Colts...you play a stout defense and therefore struggle.

When you play a stout defensive team that also has a capable offense that spells trouble.

Seriously, people, go look at their point production in their losses...

-J-

Top Bottom