• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There was a recent report on TV about Cook County IL also running up a huge bottle water bill. Some lady on the board was interviewed and said well I need this water as oppose to the drinking fountain water because I am on the cook county board. :faint:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The water in the bottles is different.

People paying a premium for something they could get from a fountain or a faucet is nuts. Why don't they just buy their own Nalgene bottle and carry it with them?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The water in the bottles is different.

People paying a premium for something they could get from a fountain or a faucet is nuts. Why don't they just buy their own Nalgene bottle and carry it with them?

:eek:

my guess, laziness. You have to fill up a Nalgene bottle.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    There was a recent report on TV about Cook County IL also running up a huge bottle water bill. Some lady on the board was interviewed and said well I need this water as oppose to the drinking fountain water because I am on the cook county board. :faint:

as a citizen of their town, I would be asking why she is afraid to drink the tap water?

why in this country do we give executive treatment to our public servants? make them comfortable, but that is all. no red carpet treatment. if we started treating them like ordinary people, then you wouldnt see people like the nancy pelosi's, and the coats in congress. they think too highly of themselves to be treated like normal people and would never accept a job where people didnt bow to them.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    i wish i could laugh at this but its a shame at how people waste all that money cause they think there to good for tap water ...water is all the same!!! how do they not realize that??

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The article mentions the 'positive' environmental impact of bottled water.....hmmm let's see.

As a former Culligan service manager, I know a thing or two about water.
    Nearly 99% of all water we use has been on this earth since the beginning of time. It is continuously recycled through the hydrological cycle.

People throw plastic bottles away, with water remaining in them.
    The plastic goes to land fills and keeps that water from re-entering the hydrological cycle for many many years.

Most bottled water is drawn from PUBLIC water supplies. It doesn't come from some super secret, sterile government spring guarded by special forces trained mercenaries. Yes, it is filtered and ozonated and sometimes run through a reverse osmosis machine, but it's still 'city' water.

Ounce for ounce, bottled water cost nearly 4 times that of gasoline.

Approximately 85% of the ground water (that from wells) in the world is safe to consume without any sort of processing whatsoever.

Oh yeah***,and remember this: Somewhere, sometime, someone or some animal has peed in the water you are drinking right now. :D

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I've got an idea. How about selling pre-filled Nalgene bottles for about 4x the cost? My grandfather always said, the best way to get rich is to sell something no one needs.:D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    ottled-water consumption varied significantly among different offices on the Hill, according to figures released in the report. The House Information Resources office racked up a nearly $13,000 bill, followed closely by the House Appropriations Committee's $12,500 water tab.
    Following closely behind was the office of the speaker, then Rep. Nancy Pelosi, with about $8,800 in bottled-water costs.

Read more: House Urged to Cut Back After Bottled-Water Tab Nears $1 Million - FoxNews.com

Thanks, Nancy! We appreciate it!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've worked in a Congressional office and don't remember all this bottled water being used. They must have been tipping back secretly. Of course, with the way the contractors on the Hill rape the taxpayer, it could have been $10,000 case.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    Poison? Seriously? Do have even the remotest idea how drinking water is actually treated? Gonna kvetch about Chlorine too? Were you aware that the death rate went down 80 frakkin' percent when the US started modern water and waste water treatment? The gub'mint monitors my production very closely for a variety of contaminants. Anyone who tells you that tap water is bad for you is trying to sell you something.

Top Bottom