• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Does anybody here have the capability to hot blue a shotgun?
    A friend of mine is restoring one and would like to find someone local to do the bluing.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I knew someone posted about it but I couldn't remeber who, Thanks

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am still working on all the proper licensing.... atf inspection, and zoning inspection all complete... as soon as those two agencies get their ducks in a row and i get my firearms manufacturing license i will be up and running with both hot blue tanks, and parkerizing tanks.... i will then become a site advertiser provided it doesnt cost me more than i make.... should be up and running in about a month provided i dont run into anymore hiccups....

IGW

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Yes... painting or changing the color of a firearm is considered "manufacturing" so i need the manufacturing license.... since i will be doing this for profit i MUST be an FFL.... zoning is needed since i live in marion county i need zoning approval in order to be an ffl.... it is quite a painful process although both the atf and zoning have been curtious and helpful....

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Will you be doing any hard chroming nick? Bead blasting?

no chrome... to much hazmat and start up expense, and i am not a fan of the look so i couldnt take much pride in my work which is really important, i might be able to send you in the right direction if you do want that done but its pretty pricey....

i can bead blast just about anything you want.... i have glass beads in right now and will be getting some aluminum oxide shortly..... its hard to make all of the preperations now while still being unsure if i can get all the proper licensing... if i cannot then i have to move out of marion county before i can pursue my american dreams.... the gov't gets in the way of small business way more than i ever imagined.

another alternative to chroming would be duracoating in a similar color... i am not a sight advertiser so i defer to cory nash with nash gunwerx... he does top notch work at a very resonable price.

Nash Gunwerx - INGunOwners
    Welcome to Nash Gunwerx

Top Bottom