• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    WTF is it with hospital beds? I'm currently laid up in a hospital, and I have to say this bed is the worst, most torturous thing I've ever had the misfortune to lay on. It's almost like comfort isn't even a consideration. It seems designed to be more of a work bench for nurses and doctors to work on you instead of anything else. I've had 2 since I've been here and they're both just as bad as the other. I'm currently getting morphine for my back ache, which I probably wouldn't even have if not for these #$&-"@$ "beds".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With my limited experience, I’ll say they aren’t bad. Not great but not bad.

A few more drips of morphine and it will feel more comfy. lol.

Get to feeling better my friend.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    With my limited experience, I’ll say they aren’t bad. Not great but not bad.

A few more drips of morphine and it will feel more comfy. lol.

Get to feeling better my friend.
    They're giving me a fairly large dose as it is. And I'm gonna be in one for a while. Apparently somewhere along the way I contracted Guillaine-Barre Syndrome. Symptoms first started on the 4th and by the 9th I was down hard - unable to walk, stand, or even crawl.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I just spent 2 weeks in the hospital in June, and agree with Jbombelli. At 6'4', the bed was way too short in addition to being miserable to lay in. Add the fact that I sleep on my sides, and rest was something that only came when the painkillers kicked in.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You hit it; it's designed for the staff. Unfortunately, I had way too much exposure to hospitals due to my wife (God rest her soul) and to me beds are designed to allow staff access to the patient, worst case if they can't move much.

Hope you get well soon.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I sympathize with you. Are they the beds that inflate to the contour of your body? I was in the hospital back in May, and those stupid inflatable mattress covers or whatever they are were horrible. You get halfway comfortable and then a few seconds later the damn mattress starts inflating and you’re uncomfortable again!

The three nights I was in there were the three most uncomfortable nights I’ve ever had, when I got home, I slept like a baby the very first night.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I sympathize with you. Are they the beds that inflate to the contour of your body? I was in the hospital back in May, and those stupid inflatable mattress covers or whatever they are were horrible. You get halfway comfortable and then a few seconds later the damn mattress starts inflating and you’re uncomfortable again!

The three nights I was in there were the three most uncomfortable nights I’ve ever had, when I got home, I slept like a baby the very first night.
    Yup. That's what I'm on. I guess they help prevent bed sores. At least that's what they say.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Wow, wish you the best.

While not as serious as your apparent condition, I had something similar 15 years ago called
    Parsonage-Turner Syndrome. I couldn't move my right arm for a couple months and it was over a year before I could lift a gallon of milk from the fridge with that arm.
    This syndrome can begin with severe shoulder or arm pain followed by weakness and numbness.[5] Those with Parsonage–Turner experience acute, sudden-onset pain radiating from the shoulder to the upper arm. Affected muscles become weak and atrophied, and in advanced cases, paralyzed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    WTF is it with hospital beds? I'm currently laid up in a hospital, and I have to say this bed is the worst, most torturous thing I've ever had the misfortune to lay on. It's almost like comfort isn't even a consideration. It seems designed to be more of a work bench for nurses and doctors to work on you instead of anything else. I've had 2 since I've been here and they're both just as bad as the other. I'm currently getting morphine for my back ache, which I probably wouldn't even have if not for these #$&-"@$ "beds".
    Makes it even better when you consider the audacity it must take to charge what they do for every minute your ass touches those sheets.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wait till 2 a.m. when environmental services comes in at 2 a.m. to empty the trash can! They'll bang the trash can VERY LOUDLY MULTIPLE TIMES to ensure that they get every last micron sized piece of trash out of the can before dropping it loudly back on the floor!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom