• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Then someone will run with scissors and the Dept of Homeland Security will say they're too dangerous.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I actually see this as a step in the right direction, even if it falls way short.

It is the first time in my 55 years that the government actually recommended that a person stand up and try to fight. They usually teach you to stay still, bend over and kiss yourself goodbye. Most corporations followed the governments lead and ban anyone from defending their own life or the life of co workers. Everytime some employee defends themself, most companies fire them for policy violations.

Scissors today may open the door to realistically studying some real defensive tactics in the future.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This new policy announcement just outlines the ignorance of the anti-gun position.

I wish they would float another one of these ideas, or even two or three, a WEEK!

The more of this type of idiotic crap they put out, the worse it makes their argument look.

Really, you want me to go after a gun-wielding assailant with a pair of scissors?
    Riiight.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    So according to the DHS it's OK to arm yourself in the event of a mass shooting as long as your weapons are massively inferior to the bad-guy's weapons. Way to keep the homeland safe.

Haven't they ever heard of the old saying never bring scissors to a gun fight. ... Or was that a rock fight?

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Are black scary scissors ok?
    tactical-scissors.jpg

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Then someone will run with scissors and the Dept of Homeland Security will say they're too dangerous.

Are pinking shears considered NFA items by the DHS then? How about those electric scissors? :)

I laugh and yet we live in a society where there are actually people in power that would take these considerations seriously. Thats pretty sad.

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    Umm... My scissors have black handles too. Are they "Assault Scissors"? Also, I'm guessing my Staple Remover is probably on the "Ban" list... Its a pretty scary looking Staple Remover.:n00b:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Are pinking shears considered NFA items by the DHS then? How about those electric scissors? :)

I laugh and yet we live in a society where there are actually people in power that would take these considerations seriously. Thats pretty sad.

If they are, I'm in trouble! I don't have a stamp for mine! Oh, I get it now, they create cuts in multiple directions with one action of the handle.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Scissors are better than nothing, and handily beats paper (although they fail to overcome rock), I suppose.

Seems like there is a better option, though. Perhaps something that doesn't require you to get so close, something with a bit of range. Maybe a device that propels some sort of hard projectile to penetrate the bad guy's innards. Perhaps, and I'm just spit-balling here, but perhaps the projectile could be prepackaged with a small explosive charge for the purposes of propelling it, and it could be propelled down a tube with a series of grooves inside. That would add both velocity, the imparted spin would help the projectile fly straight, and the tube could double as an aiming device. Of course we'd want to add a handle to make it easier to use, and some method of holding multiple projectile/charge packages in case the first projectile (or "shot", if you will) fails to be effective.

Ok, someone get on inventing that. In the meantime, is a staple remover a good choice for a backup stabby office item?

Top Bottom