• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I know what your saying,but with all the stucture,thats already in place, thats not a problem.You can bet almost every scenerio has been discussed and covered ,when it comes down.Look at all the Executice orders that have been put in place.Dont get me wrong,were on the same side,who knows,how it will come down.

That is the thing there is not ENOUGH structure in place to do anything...
    With all the canned plans the Generals have you don't think there might be a go bugger yourself plan out there for the boss?!

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    No it would have to be done all a once I think...
    You would have to leave a sizable Garrison Force behind in each and every city you took. Were would you get more troops from to take the next one? Plus the Tail would destroy them. Keeping each Occupied City Supplied would just compound and become worse magnifying the problem exponentially each time...

Well come on if were this far into the scenario don't you think they would atleast gulag 4/5 of the population so that they could manage all the bottom feeders.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I understand your concerns. However the Majority of Troops have an aversion to harming Citizens. Kinda like telling a child to go out and beat his puppy to death actually.

I think the biggest threat is LE, after all they will just be enforcing the law...

It only takes a couple dispersed around the country to start it all. I just fear that when all of the changes that have taken place since BHO took office are all put together it won't be a pretty picture. Control of the internet will play a major role in controlling the masses. No information causes confusion, rumors and then anarchy. Well, gotta go, be back on later.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I know what your saying,but with all the stucture,thats already in place, thats not a problem.You can bet almost every scenerio has been discussed and covered ,when it comes down.Look at all the Executice orders that have been put in place.Dont get me wrong,were on the same side,who knows,how it will come down.

were all on the same side thats for sure.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    With all the canned plans the Generals have you don't think there might be a go bugger yourself plan out there for the boss?!

We must be talking about 2 different things.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Well come on if were this far into the scenario don't you think they would atleast gulag 4/5 of the population so that they could manage all the bottom feeders.

Soooo...
    Besides having a Garrison to outfit and keep supplied...
    Now not only do you need all the things listed earlier. You also need a Secure area to hold what 400,000 inmates and house and equip a guard force... Securing prisoners is outside of my number crunching experience...

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia

LOL, yep and I hope if it ever comes to that they all so ahh nope I think I am going home to my family. Great conversation guys but I gotta step away for a while.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    No it would have to be done all a once I think...
    You would have to leave a sizable Garrison Force behind in each and every city you took. Were would you get more troops from to take the next one? Plus the Tail would destroy them. Keeping each Occupied City Supplied would just compound and become worse magnifying the problem exponentially each time...

No to mention once it does start, I don't know about you guys, but if the government is shooting at me, I'm not paying taxes anymore. And if bullet manufacturers don't get paid, they won't sell them any more ammunition.

Would China help them out? Who knows, but I'm doubting it. They would run out of money very fast, especially since they don't actually have any as I'm typing this. It's all borrowed from China and they expect us to pay China back.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That is why it will have to be the stationing of troops to help us. There has already been some groundwork laid that the wacko right wing militias may have ties with Muslim groups. Something in Indy blows up taking out the Governor and part of the Legislature.. then we would welcome the arrival of Federal assistance to safeguard the City. President Obama is hailed as our Lord Protector then.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Soooo...
    Besides having a Garrison to outfit and keep supplied...
    Now not only do you need all the things listed earlier. You also need a Secure area to hold what 400,000 inmates and house and equip a guard force... Securing prisoners is outside of my number crunching experience...

Well indianapolis could be a gulag for the nation really just seal up 465 with the already in place 10 to 20' sound barriers. Close of the choke points 65,70, 69. Set up a perimiter a good one so nobody could get out, and cut off all supply. wella city of anarchy followed by death.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/donlone5/helicopters.jpg

This is one place I know of here in Indiana. I think it has a capacity of 30 million sq ft.
    Dont look like much does it. You cant imagine how big this place is. Think its one of a kind? I dont.Soon as you go inside you would swear it was a building. Half full of MRE's and Water,plus other items. I think there a little more prepared than you think.
    To give you an idea they load 75 to 150 semis a day.In times like Katrina,Haiti,and the likes. Through in the executive orders and look what all they have excess too.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I understand your concerns. However the Majority of Troops have an aversion to harming Citizens. Kinda like telling a child to go out and beat his puppy to death actually.

I think the biggest threat is LE, after all they will just be enforcing the law...

The tough part about using LEO's is that on average there are less than two of them per thousand people. In order to get a concentration you have to draw them off from somewhere else. Cops are good at concentrating on one problem area but not so good for a long term occupation.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well indianapolis could be a gulag for the nation really just seal up 465 with the already in place 10 to 20' sound barriers. Close of the choke points 65,70, 69. Set up a perimiter a good one so nobody could get out, and cut off all supply. wella city of anarchy followed by death.

Escape from Indianapolis?

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    The tough part about using LEO's is that on average there are less than two of them per thousand people. In order to get a concentration you have to draw them off from somewhere else.

That's what Deputizing is for. I'm sure there are plenty of moron, power-hungry knuckleheads out there that would jump to the chance to "be a cop", without understanding (or caring about) the full ramifications of their actions.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The tough part about using LEO's is that on average there are less than two of them per thousand people. In order to get a concentration you have to draw them off from somewhere else. Cops are good at concentrating on one problem area but not so good for a long term occupation.

And their families are local... and that makes them targets.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That's what Deputizing is for. I'm sure there are plenty of moron, power-hungry knuckleheads out there that would jump to the chance to "be a cop", without understanding (or caring about) the full ramifications of their actions.

There's one Cop Wanna be on this forum. Takes the cops side no matter what and is quite skilled at spinning the story and others words to meet his own agenda. Thinks if he kisses their butts enough they'll let him come play with them again.... I'm certain he would jump from his key board for a chance to play cop and keep us mere citizens in line..... :draw:

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I think LEO's might be a problem in the big cities and a few in the small towns. That would stop once they see their buddies taken out. As far as troops go there will be some young ones that are all gung ho about it. Just remember there are more veterans that active duty military. I myself have not forgotten most of what I have learned when I was in. If something like that was to ever happen it would be the biggest gorilla war the world has ever seen. But who really knows.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think most cops would try to do the right thing. Also if the crap hits the fan they would also be concerned about their families. During Katrina the NOPD had numerous desertions and cops stealing vehicles to flee. That department had a history of corruption and other issues so that isn't really too surprising. I don't think we'd have it to that degree here, but there would be some.

Top Bottom