• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    http://www.pal-item.com/article/20100128/UPDATES/100128012/Home+invasion+near+Cambridge+City+under+investigation
    I was listening to this on the scanner while it was going on. When I went to bed the police were still following the tracks in the snow trying to find the two male robbers. They had already caught the woman in a car leaving the area. She had a metal baseball bat in her car that one of them had beat the owner with. She confessed to the cop on the scene. He was sure he had a broken arm. When he exited his house they were still there and fired a shot at him. They robbed the safe then beat the owner.

You just never know when it’s your day. That homeowner didn’t go to bed that night thinking he was going to be accosted. I am just glad they didn’t shoot him. How much of a idiot do you have to be to escape on foot from a home with the ground covered with snow.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When stupid meets desperate and lazy, the results can defy logic.

I really do hate the overused phrase 'perfect storm', but these idiots are a fine example of that.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Happens everyday every where. Just a couple of weeks ago in the little town of Morton, Indiana (population about 25) 4 individuals started kicking down an elderly lady's door, she took a shot at them with her rifle and they fled the scene. No arrests. When the county guys showed up they chastised her for taking the shot???????????

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    it is just crazy how many home invasion stories i am hearing lately. i know they do happen more than i am aware of it just seems like everytime i turn around lately i hear of another incident. it just makes me wonder why there are still so many people out there that do not own guns for protection or that there are so many people against us for protecting ourselves. dont get me wrong i pray that the only thing i ever have to shoot is the paper targets at the range, but as the old saying goes i would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. :patriot:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You just never know when it’s your day. That homeowner didn’t go to bed that night thinking he was going to be accosted. I am just glad they didn’t shoot him. How much of a idiot do you have to be to escape on foot from a home with the ground covered with snow.

Here is my issue with this: The news report I read the police didn't want to go into details. Your report has more details, specifically the target: A safe. However, neither report answered the question: Were the thieves known to the home owner. The report I read had the neighbors commenting about how scared they were, crime never happens here, ...the usual. The fact is that home invasions are almost always related to the criminals knowing _something_ more than just driving by and saying "This looks like a good home." I would like to know the relationship in this case, to see if it really was a totally random thing, "friends" who needed stuff in the safe for a quick fix, or maybe a very loose association (friend of a friend talked about the safe with others).

it is just crazy how many home invasion stories i am hearing lately. i know they do happen more than i am aware of it just seems like everytime i turn around lately i hear of another incident. it just makes me wonder why there are still so many people out there that do not own guns for protection or that there are so many people against us for protecting ourselves.

It will take a lot more unassociated home invasions before people really start arming themselves. Most folks aren't that aware of their surroundings. Sometimes when I am out, I see people I know. Sometimes I purposely don't say anything, and I never hear later on about how "so and so saw you at...." Sometimes I see the people two or three times while in the store!! Most people don't have any situational awareness, so they view these crimes as something that won't happen to them, etc.. When they start hearing about it happening to their co-worker, family member, etc., it finally hits home. Some will wake up and take the necessary steps to protect themselves, others won't.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Try this simple test.
    Get up from your computer and go to the front door as if someone had knocked or rung the bell. When you touch the door, Imagine that someone has started kicking it in. You now have 10 seconds until they are in your house. Did you get to your gun in time?:draw:
    That's why mine is always in my pocket; even at home.

Doug

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Exactly. Having a bunch of guns doesnt really help you, in fact it makes you more of a target. Having one gun that you know how to use on your person at all times is the answer

Top Bottom