• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Maybe home distillation is making a comeback. A federal judge has struck down the ban as unconstitutional after 156 years. The suit was brought by an organization supporting legalization, much like fermentation already is.
    When did this happen? Do you have a link to this information?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve been interested in distilling for quite a few years, and I happen to work at a place that builds pressure vessels! I’ve always thought the ban was nothing but government overreach, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the ridiculous ban.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Sorry to break this to you, but it's reality tv. Which means not real. :rofl: Unless you were being sarcastic, which I hope is the case.
    It is reality tv, and yeah, the vast majority of it is fake, but I will say, I’ve met and done some drinking with Mr. Tickle, and what you see on tv, is exactly what you get for real with him. Same for Jim Tom, rest his soul.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd been a cop for probably 4-5 years before I found out running a still was illegal. Excise laws weren't something we covered in the Academy, and when I was young it was just something everyone did so I'd never thought to question it. I knew you weren't allowed to sell it without the tax stamp, same as you needed a different stamp to serve liquor commercially, but that was it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll be curious how they handle other uses for the ethanol. Back during covid there was a great rush on ethanol for use in hand sanitizers but people forgot about the laws governing denaturing packages that exempted it from regulation and tax. The result was hand sanitizer with all sorts of skin irritating chemicals that came in with the exempt ethanol, mostly toluene, as the largest denatured ethanol blend is for fuel.

Top Bottom