• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I can answer this for you.

No. A light compatible holster will only retain a pistol with the light attached to it.

Vince49

Master
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Aker Nightguard.

Yes. Mine works fine with or without the light. :)

Link: Aker International, Inc.

AkerNightGuard005-1.jpg

Last edited:

Amattern

Expert
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Can I use my gun without a light in a Light-Compatible Phantom?
    Our standard Phantom holsters retain the weapon via friction fit to the trigger guard, our LC models index a feature on the weapon light. Retention with the light removed on a Phantom LC would be sub-standard at best, and is not recommended. With the light removed from the weapon there is a large void left in the holster below the dust cover of the weapon, which creates a condition where anything contacting the weapon will cause it to pop rearward into that void, resulting in a potentially unsafe condition. While we agree that there are times when running without a WML is prefered, this is best accomplished with a seperate, purpose built holster.
    We understand some of our customers use their gear for competition use, where a light may not be allowed. In this instance, we recommend you look at a second Phantom holster. This is not to simply sell more holsters, it is to provide the best gear we can for your given purpose.

Top Bottom