• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Hi all:

Looking for the best selection of holsters in the state, anyone have a vote for me? Kinda crappy here in Lafayette area. Was thinking Don's guns.

Need a good one or two carry holsters for my SR-9c. Shoulder and belt. In or out type for the belt is ok, I may want to carry open.

Cheers!
    Chris

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Please, under NO circumstances, do NOT set foot in Don's guns. Please.

And, fortunately or unfortunately, the brick & mortar stores are generally only going to have a selection of holsters for the more popular firearms. An SR-9 probably won't make the cut, so to speak.

Your best bets will be to do some research and order online. Yes, that means that you can't "try before you buy". Just the way it goes sometimes.

-J-

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hi all:

Looking for the best selection of holsters in the state, anyone have a vote for me? Kinda crappy here in Lafayette area. Was thinking Don's guns.

Need a good one or two carry holsters for my SR-9c. Shoulder and belt. In or out type for the belt is ok, I may want to carry open.

Cheers!
    Chris

There's your first mistake. Concealed carry is way better! Just ask ATM:D

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks guys! Thats a lot of info to digest. Those undershirt holsters look perfect for bike carry.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Liberty Arms in Brownsburg has recently stocked a good selection of Black Hawk Serpas.

There's also a few quality IWB stocked as well.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Falco Holsters makes a little something for just about every gun. Extremely high quality. You shouldnt even think twice about try before buy with them. If they say it will fit your gun, it will. It will be just as comfortable and styled properly for whatever you order. Their shoulder rigs are VERY nice.

Oh, and Fobus. They are cheap, and not everyone likes them, but they are cheap. Very convenient. And cheap. Every gun should have one. If you dont like it, they sell pretty easily, and you wont have much money in it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Buy online... stay away from Don's.

I like the Crossbreed Supertucks for IWB. There are a few that are very similar to these, I imagine all are good.

OWB I like the Blackhawk Serpas, but they don't conceal at all. If you want OWB for concealing, you might look at something lower profile.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Google Roys holster's in F.l , his holsters are made in S. Africa . Leather is good and prices are reasonable .I just bought 1 And it fits my 1911, will see how it holds up for E.D.use

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have an MTAC (actually wearing it right now) and it's a good one, but my favorite is a Kramer OWB horsehide scabbard. It's light, conceals very well, holds my 1911 in close and tight and is the most comfortable holster I have. I use the Kramer holster for both OC and CC depending on whether my shirt is tucked in or not. It also seems to have just about the perfect amount of tension. If you decide to go with Kramer, read their FAQ regarding the difference between horsehide and leather. It makes the extra $10 for horsehide and easy decision to make. I just ordered another Kramer holster for my 4" 1911 to go with the one I have for my Ultra Carry. Oh, did I mention that I'm a fan of the Kramer holsters?

Kramer Handgun Leather - Revolver holsters, concealment holsters, paddle holster, 1911 holster, ankle holster

Forgot to mention: I have found the safety clicked off twice with my MTAC, but never with the Kramer holsters. My Galco holster clicks the safety off about once a day when I wear that, but it has a retention strap between the hammer and pin. The MTAC does not click the safety off often, but it has done so twice in the 12 months I've had it.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    If you can make it to the Indy 1500 next weekend, there are usually a lot of different types of holsters to look at and even try out. It's a little haul from Lafayette but it probably beats having a shoe box of holsters you never use.

Top Bottom