• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hey all you xd carriers, I need help finding a holster for my xd40sc. I cant do IWB because I'm not gonna get pants big enought to carry so I need help in finding a holster. I'm 5'9 180lbs. Winter time isnt a prob carrying but summer time is. Give me some advise please. Seems like some of the paddles I've tried still lets the gun stick out at the top. Also a better belt would help, where can I get a better belt too??? Thanks

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a Xd service 4". I used a Uncle Mikes kydex. It was a great holster for $29.99. As for a belt. Check out Galls. I got, a Blackhawk with metal buckle for $9.99. I have had it for a couple of years. It has held up very well and is a great belt. My :twocents:

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    I have an XD 40 4"... same situation. I am 6" 175lbs. Buying pants too large isn't in my best interest either. I am currently IWB carrying... not too bad, but my belt is catching my hip bones in the front... too tight. (Belt purchased at Popguns on Indys east side). Not the highest quality buckle, but belt is heavy, no complaints. and reasonably priced.

I am thinking that an FBI cant OWB holster may be the direction i go. One that rides a little higher. The BlackHawk is adjustable (cant) and has a paddle attachment... all for about $45. And the gun locks in nicely.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm 6'2 and about 190lbs. Here is what I use a cheap holster I purchased from EBay. Works good IMHO. Here is a side profile.
    IMG_3158.jpg

Front view
    IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't have an XD, but I do carry several full size autos. IWB is OK but you will need to have some extra room in the waistband. Not always an option. I have no problems carrying OWB. First the belt is an actual gun belt from the beltman. Happens that all of my belt holsters are Don Hume. A hide ride pancake style will lift the gun and pull it close to the body. Then just wear an untucked shirt.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I carry a couple different fullsize pistols (not XDs, though). Today, it's a Beretta 92FS. It's riding in a Galco Concealable Holster, and I have a 1.5" Beltman bullhide belt. This holster has a nice cant, and conceals very well.

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

Other days I carry a Browning HiPower in a Kramer Vertical Scabbard.

Leather Gun Scabbard

I carry OWB, and wear a shirt that's one size larger. I never have to tuck in my shirts, so these combinations work very well for me. They are comfortable, carry well, and last.

Paddle holsters are more convenient for taking off and putting on without removing your belt, but you trade concealability for that convenience. I have a Safariland Paddle that is top quality, but it doesn't conceal NEARLY as well as my other holsters.

You can get a quality belt from any number of places: Beltman, DMBullard, Rafter's Gunleather, Kramer, Galco, Wild Bill's, and a number of others. Enjoy your shopping! I recommend a 1.5" double thick belt. And you can get those in any number of hides (bullhide, cowhide, horsehide, elephant, alligator, shark, etc.).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom