• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What works for you-Safety, Security, Finish friendly..

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My Son is on the "Hunt" for a quality holster for His "New" to him Two-Tone CZ-75B.
    His concerns are for safety+security, but most of all, kind to the PolyCote finish of the CZ.

We will NOT get into the OC vs CC "Discussion", just what works for you for EDC..

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I really enjoy my Raven Phantoms and my Henry Hybrid.

Raven = kydex and the Henry = boltaron (sp?)

These types of thermoplastics tend to be easier on firearm finishes than injection-molded type holsters such as Fobus.

They can be wiped / rinsed out, too.

Keep in mind that a carry gun WILL get wear & tear on it. And that leather holsters can, will, and do retain "grit" and such which will enhance wear as well. (Plus, a leather holster CAN loosen up over time)

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... kydex ...

These types of thermoplastics tend to be easier on firearm finishes than injection-molded type holsters such as Fobus.

They can be wiped / rinsed out, too.

Keep in mind that a carry gun WILL get wear & tear on it. And that leather holsters can, will, and do retain "grit" and such which will enhance wear as well. (Plus, a leather holster CAN loosen up over time)

+1 Also impervious to moisture / they don't retain moisture like leather can.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I really like the feel of a good leather holster :D

Currently using Galco for my G 19. I bought it on Ebay, so I got a pretty good deal on it. I think that leather holsters hold a hand gun closer to your body.

Having said that, I also use a Crossbreed on occasion that works pretty well.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Kydex all the way. Faster to draw than leather, and leather retains moisture, which means rust.

For IWB, you can't beat the comfort of a Kydex/leather hybrid.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My Son is on the "Hunt" for a quality holster for His "New" to him Two-Tone CZ-75B.

Ah yes, the "hunt". Let him know that he's likely to eventually end up with a box full of holsters as he journeys through various types.

His concerns are for safety+security, but most of all, kind to the PolyCote finish of the CZ.

If his #1 priority is indeed the gun's finish, then I would advise that he not make it his EDC. If he really liked the gun perhaps he could find another 75B with a less nice finish to carry.

As for holsters, I like kydex for OWB and hybrids for IWB. Currently my OWB holster is a Raven Phantom and my IWB is a Henry Holsters hybrid. I like them both very much and would recommend them to others.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I go both OC and CC depending on the mood. OC in a Don Hume leather piece and CC in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Both work fine, but I'll probably pick up a Raven at the next 1500 for OC.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've yet to find a Kydex holster I really liked. I prefer leather or the synthetic leather offered by high noon holsters. Wide variety of styles and finishes, and they've been kind to the guns I've carried in them.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I have had so many holsters, Don Hume, fobus, galco, remora. Best holster I have ever had is a handmade leather holster from "djones" here on ingo. By far the most comfortable and easily concealed or not concealed! Very gental on the finish.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Try Stoner, family run small business and they will make a holster for you. I had them make a model 415 for my S&W 908 and like it. I think it was a bargain: about $60 shipped.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I buy nothing but Blade Tech gear anymore. I was sold on the first holster I bought from them. I like that they have multiple mounting options. At the time, they were the only company I could find that made a Kydex holster for the FNP as well.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Leather Guy..

For my blue+nickle guns, I like the Suede lined leather. For my stainless guns I like the regular leather--Most of my guns are metal+wood also--Old School..Bill.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    My EDC is an XDs .45 in an IWB kydex holster by Contact! Concealment. I prefer kydex for the same reasons mentioned by others in this thread. I also agree that you are going to get wear on a carry gun no matter what holster you use, even so the wear on my XDs has been minimal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom