• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    South Bend
    My girlfriend saw his and hers 1911s on fb and is all riled up about that now. My question is whats a decently priced brand..the only stipulations I have going forward are NO GI sights, $800 max per gun and she likes skeletonized trigger and hammer (think minimal aftermarket parting)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Rock Island tacticals. They come with the hammer and trigger you want, have an extended beaver tail on the GP. Come with a lifetime warranty.
    I picked up my 9mm for about $460 and my .45 for $490

Atlas5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    The Springfield Armory Lightweight Operator might be a good choice. They have the skeleton style trigger she might like and the sight are tritium 3-dot. I've seen them go for about $800

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Rock islands are great for the money invested. If you want to go a little more upscale Kimber would be my choice.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My girlfriend saw his and hers 1911s on fb and is all riled up about that now. My question is whats a decently priced brand..the only stipulations I have going forward are NO GI sights, $800 max per gun and she likes skeletonized trigger and hammer (think minimal aftermarket parting)

What size 1911's are you looking for? Full size, Commander, Compact? Knowing this might help us with some suggestions.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    The Rock Island's are nice. Have one in .38 Super.
    Another one worth looking at is the STI Spartan. Nicest trigger of any of my 1911's.
    Mine is a .45 Government, but they make 'em in 3" & 4" as well, as well as in 9mm.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm looking at full size 45s.

Springfield Armory Range Officer and a REVIEW

Worth the money, IMO... I have enjoyed several SA 1911s over the years. Best for the money. I've seen a RIA 1911 have issues when the user didn't have his thumbs in the right place. Instead of creating a simple FTE / FTF, he ended up with his thumb safety riding along the slide and charging serrations, leaving a major gouge along the slide. The RIA slides don't seem to have enough meat, IMO. That's me...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom