• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    and why do I say this? because while wandering through the local hippy hot spot that is bloomingtons farmers market I scored some 100% kobe beef!!!

if anybody on INGO would like to purchase any go here- Home and they are locally owned and operated in bloomington indiana.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Tyler sorry but it is NOT 100% Kobe beef...

Kobe beef in Japan is a registered trademark of the Kobe beef distribution promotion conference.[2] It must fulfill all the following conditions:[3]

• Tajima cattle born in Hyōgo Prefecture
    • Farm feeding in Hyōgo Prefecture
    • Bullock or castrated cow, to purify the beef
    • Processed at slaughterhouses in Kobe, Nishinomiya, Sanda, Kakogawa and Himeji in Hyōgo Prefecture.
    • Marbling ratio, called BMS,[4] of level 6 and above.
    • Meat Quality Score[4] of 4 or 5
    • Gross weight of beef from one animal is 470 kg or less.
    According to popular belief, the cattle are fed one beer per day, massaged with sake daily, brushed to set their fur, and fed on grain fodder

What you scored was Kobe Beef American style... While I agree with you that it is a far superior product to 99% of the beef grown and sold in the states it does NOT compare to the original. I had a friend stationed in Japan several years ago and she shipped home a case of cryo frozen Kobe steaks... OMG!!!

I am interested in trying these though might have to place an order..

I am not really picky but a good steak is better then sex as far as I am concerned..

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i seen some grade A kobe beef walking around indy last night infront of a couple clubs. id massage sake all over their female bodies any day. and if i fed them 1 beer, i know anything would be possible :)

yeah right, who am i kidding. im married. i havent done crap on a friday night in forever, LMAO

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well your partially correct. those are the standards but most farmers in japan pay farmers in taiwan to raise the beef and then ship it back to japan before slaughter to conform with said standards. also the stuff I bought is true wagyu cattle the farm has the lineage to confirm it. they are not angus hybrid, although they do sell that to.

Tyler sorry but it is NOT 100% Kobe beef...

Kobe beef in Japan is a registered trademark of the Kobe beef distribution promotion conference.[2] It must fulfill all the following conditions:[3]

• Tajima cattle born in Hyōgo Prefecture
    • Farm feeding in Hyōgo Prefecture
    • Bullock or castrated cow, to purify the beef
    • Processed at slaughterhouses in Kobe, Nishinomiya, Sanda, Kakogawa and Himeji in Hyōgo Prefecture.
    • Marbling ratio, called BMS,[4] of level 6 and above.
    • Meat Quality Score[4] of 4 or 5
    • Gross weight of beef from one animal is 470 kg or less.
    According to popular belief, the cattle are fed one beer per day, massaged with sake daily, brushed to set their fur, and fed on grain fodder

What you scored was Kobe Beef American style... While I agree with you that it is a far superior product to 99% of the beef grown and sold in the states it does NOT compare to the original. I had a friend stationed in Japan several years ago and she shipped home a case of cryo frozen Kobe steaks... OMG!!!

I am interested in trying these though might have to place an order..

I am not really picky but a good steak is better then sex as far as I am concerned..

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Please don't ruin that beef by slow smoking it to well-done.:D

A nice layer of charcoal and wood chunks, seared on each side for 60 seconds, then cooked on each side for 3 1/2 minutes will produce med-rare heaven for you.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom