• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Didn't notice it before but after taking the kids back to MI and coming back to IN I noticed the higheay exit sign numbers had changed? They are numbered in the 300's (descending) now instead of the 100's, just curious as to why the change.

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    The first 65 miles of the I-69 Extension has opened in southern Indiana and so they have started renumbering the northern exits to allign with the total length of the highway. They are adding 200 to all of the northern exits.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The first 65 miles of the I-69 Extension has opened in southern Indiana and so they have started renumbering the northern exits to allign with the total length of the highway. They are adding 200 to all of the northern exits.

And...done in one!

-J-

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The UN is working closely with law enforcement agencies to come up with a uniform system of highway markings, so when UN troops storm the country, everyone will be on the same page. I think some ISP troopers came up with the scheme.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Just another way to spend more money.

My question is why must the southern addition be called I-69? Why couldn't they just use a different odd number and leave the northern half of the state alone? Yes, it must be a 2 digit odd number for North-South Interstates. Is it possible we will run out of numbers and have to progress into the 4 digit system?

Top Bottom