• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does anyone know why High Standard identified and marked one of their 22 LR Pistols as the Model H-D MILITARY? This High Standard model was never manufactured for, nor sold to the U.S. Goverment, but the gun does have the word MILITARY stamped immediately after the model number HD on the side of the gun.

This Model H-D MILITARY gun was never sold to the U.S. Government. There are other models that were sold to the U.S. Government that were clearly marked on the side of the guns, as well as identified in the model numbers. Three such models are:

• Model B-US manufactured in 1942 and 1943
    • USA-Model-H-D manufactured from 1940 - 1945 (not sure about exact dates)
    • Model USA-HD-MS manufactured in 1944 and 1945 for the OSS. This gun included a silencer.
    I would appreciate it if anyone can give an answer, or have any thoughts to clear up my question.

THX!

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are correct... it was not manufactured for the Military or Government...

The way I understand it is that it is essentially a H-D model with the addition of a external safety.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    Yes it is a great place for HS owners. You can ask them anything about your HS firearms, just be sure you include your first and last name in your post.

Dave

Top Bottom