• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mPlW6au9c]YouTube - In Home Firearm Concealment: How to make a Magnetic Holster[/ame]

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Sure wish he would have remove the mag and pretended the gun was cleared while he demonstrated this.

Quite simple and ingenious I'd say!

Buckaroo

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ummm, has anyone left a gun in a strong magnetic field for a long period of time to determine if it affects operation?
    Any metallurgists on the board?
    Would magnetism affect the strength or life of springs?
    It is probably not a problem, but I'd like to know if its been tested.

Doug

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I made some quite a while back when I first saw the video. I've made some additional ones since that are more refined and shorter. Works pretty well. I can't comment on how the magnetism affects the pistol. So far, no problems. I don't leave it on there all the time.

This is one of the first ones I made...(I know the gun isn't loaded, I was just testing it out before when I took the photo)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Ummm, has anyone left a gun in a strong magnetic field for a long period of time to determine if it affects operation?
    I have been using a FAST holster every night (8+ hours) for about a year with an XD9SC. Everything still functions perfectly.:yesway:

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    this is a very neat setup and looks to be inexpensive, but I guess I am just old school. I just leave mine in the night stand. I think it is faster for me to pull open a drawer a foot from my bed than to walk across the room and open a door.....

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You could mount it behind a headboard or behind the night stand pretty easily for quick access. There used to be a company that made a tray type setup that held a pistol, flashlight, and accessories and mounted behind your head board.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Any metallurgists on the board?
    Would magnetism affect the strength or life of springs?
    It is probably not a problem, but I'd like to know if its been tested.

Doug

Not sure about the firearm -- but I am sure that installing those big honkin' magnets right next to your computer (as shown in the video) is a bad idea. Hard drives don't take kindly to strong external magnetic fields, and some monitors don't handle them well either.

Top Bottom