• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    The ATI stocks are a very nice addition. That factory stock is butt ugly. You may have to "fiddle" with some of the holes to get the ATI to mount to the action well, at least I did. But it is well worth it, IMHO.
    I put a reddot on mine and took it to the range, does nicely at about 50 yards, a wider grouping at 100. But it is a 9mm after all.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    For the price, they are a lot of fun. And 9mm is relatively cheap compared to rifle. But as it was mentioned earlier, too bad it is only a single stack pistol mag they give you. A hicap would really be nice.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I have two 995TSs and both are great shooters. Can't make them jam,any ammo is ok. The new Pro Mag 15d mags (model HIP-A3) are working good also. I have 5 and all 5 are flawless performers. I did polish the underside of the feed lips ( where the the cartridge cases bear against) after a couple early jams from but since then, wah-hoo! Several 100rds fired and no trouble at all! Lifetime warranty,honored promptly and free shipping on all factory goods ordered. Good iron sights and already fitted with rail for optics. $199.99 at Whittaker's in Owensboro KY. $219.99 at Aces in Hawesville Ky w/ folding vertical grip. Can't wait to get a 4095TS. These guns need very little/no TLC, by comparison AKs are high maintenance Visit HPT here........
    HiPointTalk • Index page
    and Hi Point here
    Welcome to Hi-Point Firearms
    I also have a Kel Tec S2K 40 and have owned both the the Marlin Camp carbines and Ruger PC carbines in the past.

Last edited:

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    9mm carbines are nice to have. if magazine size is an issue you could get the cx4 storm that accepts 92 mags and get the 40 rd mags for it. i have a cx4 and they are pricey but worth every penny as far as im concerned.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Sorry to hear you don't like it, what do you dislike about it?

Oh, heh, don't worry - it's nothing you misrepresented. I knew I was buying a cheap "knock around" gun, and that's no problem. ;)

I'd have to put a bunch of money into it (ATI stock, maybe some optics, etc) to get it to be nicer and I'd probably just rather trade it off.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Oh, heh, don't worry - it's nothing you misrepresented. I knew I was buying a cheap "knock around" gun, and that's no problem. ;)

I'd have to put a bunch of money into it (ATI stock, maybe some optics, etc) to get it to be nicer and I'd probably just rather trade it off.

Did you have the original carbine, or the new one? I had the original, and the stock was crap, I even installed the ATI stock, but it affected reliablity so I just traded the gun off.

Now the new carbine looks much nicer, and has a way better stock made out of better matterials. I could see myself getting one of them down the road.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    The ATI stocks are a nice add as someone mentioned. The two I owned both had to be worked with to get the shroud to fit right. They make them look like another carbine I see around. However, the mag size makes this gun just about useless to me on the range. Even with 5 extra's sitting at the table. I think this would be the type of firearm I let my boy upgrade to after he gets bored of his cricket.

I have to admit though, as ugly as their pistols are I had had two 9mm's that have served me well as truck guns for quite a long time without ever having a jam. Can't beat the price for reliability. If something breaks they will take care of you and usually send you a free tshirt as well.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    You can buy the new stock for the old guns for just $40 from HP - easy to install - HP has lights, lasers, foregrips, mag holders and everything is free shipping.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    FWIW ...according to it's official,factory sponsored forum(HPFF) the warranty is costing the company greatly($50,000 in carbine parts alone)and is in the process of revision. No final word from HP yet , but the exclusion from warranty coverage of firearms used with aftermarket accessories is said to be under consideration. The high cost of carbine warranty service due to use with aftermarket parts and accessories to include but not limited to ATI stocks and Pro Mag magazines and catastrophic failures from such use including frames cracking in two is said by HPFF to be driving the potential revision.

OFFICIAL THREAD Concerning HP warranty and ATI/promag

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    This is the most civil discourse on Hi Point Firearms that I ever witnessed. I think it says a lot about the type of people that post here.

Orlando

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Tipton
    I didn't realize they changed the carbine. The original looks horrific. This new 995ts looks a lot nicer. I will be picking one of these up.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    This is the most civil discourse on Hi Point Firearms that I ever witnessed. I think it says a lot about the type of people that post here.

Yeah it got pretty heated over there. I use the same name there as I do here. I simply wanted answers as to what exactly was happening, and why, along with stating my opinion on the subject. Never could get an answer to anything. One Mod decided to get ugly and closed the thread.:rolleyes:

As far as the 995TS carbine is concerned, it is a blast to shoot.:yesway: I intend to shoot it at the FNS next time, ATI stock and all!:ar15: I'll take my lumps if anything fails on it.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon

Correction: I meant to say that the discussion here is the most civil I 've seen on a non-HP forum. Usually when some one brings up HP's on any other forum there is some serious disagreement. I belong to both HP forums they've been very good to me.

Top Bottom