• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    i have been concidering purchasing a hi-point 9mm carbine and puting on an ATI stock and a red dot sight. i was just wondering about anyones opinions about the rifle. i own a hi-point pistol in 9mm and i like it, i havent had any problems and i know people rag on hi-points, but i havent shot the rifle.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my buddy has one and I've shot it more than few times, for the price it's a great little gun if not a little picky on ammo you put in it.(his doesn't cycle cci blazers at all)

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    all i want it for is to put in my pickup and have it for driving around, or just go shootin. its cheap to shoot and you said its a cheap priced gun. i just think it would be fun to have.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I think they're a hoot to take to the range. They're not real pretty, but neither was the girl I took to junior prom, and she was fun :laugh:

Why not pick one up?? For the price it's hard to go wrong, and they don't lose much in value..

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have one. It's ugly as hell and I've considered the ATI stock because of that.

That said, it's accurate and will do what it's intended to do - give you a more accurate pistol.

They prefer heavier bullets due to the type of action (direct blowback). I cannot use 90gr Corbon loads in mine, but it will eat 124gr Golden Saber all day.

I would caution against using 15 round mags in it - they usually do not work.

Josh <><

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Very nice rifles.
    I have 2 both with ATI stocks, my wife appropriated my first one so I needed a second.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I do hope the mythical 4595 that's supposed to be coming out this year will take 1911 mags... or that someone will introduce a mod that will allow it to... :D

I've always felt that pistol caliber carbines shine best when they are large bore. Witness the Thompson and its reputation it gained in close quarter warfare during WWII.

Josh <><

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    ive never gotten to shoot a thompson, but they are a badass gun, they look great, and things ive heard and seen they shoot great. but that would be cool if hi-point come out with something that shot .45 and used the 1911 magazines.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    i have been concidering purchasing a hi-point 9mm carbine and puting on an ATI stock and a red dot sight. i was just wondering about anyones opinions about the rifle. i own a hi-point pistol in 9mm and i like it, i havent had any problems and i know people rag on hi-points, but i havent shot the rifle.

What these guys have said so far..... AND:

Truth spoken here CLICKY ---> Hipoint Firearms Forums - Index

And also here CLICKY ---> HiPointTalk.Com &bull; Index page

:rockwoot: :yesway: :patriot: :cheers:

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    i have been told that hi-point has a pretty good waranty. a friend of mine said they tried to take a 9mm carbine and file the trigger down to make it automatic, which wasnt smart to start with, but ruined the trigger and called hi-point and told them the trigger broke, and hi-point sent them a new one, didnt ask them to send in the bad one or anything.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    i have been told that hi-point has a pretty good waranty. a friend of mine said they tried to take a 9mm carbine and file the trigger down to make it automatic, which wasnt smart to start with, but ruined the trigger and called hi-point and told them the trigger broke, and hi-point sent them a new one, didnt ask them to send in the bad one or anything.

Yes sir..... If you check-out those links that I listed for you, you'll find some incredible customer service stories. I like the one were the guy left his pistol out with his un-attended Rottweiler who proceed to chew the polymer frame into two pieces!!! H/P had him send them the two halves and they sent him a brand new pistol with the same serial number as his old one at no cost to him!!! Let's see Glock do that!!!!! :rockwoot: :yesway: :patriot:

T712

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I had one and loved it. It ate everything I fed it. There service is also great. A friend of mine bought his used and it didnt come with a sight rail. So, he just called them up, and they sent one out.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I like mine. It has a cheap leapers red dot on it now. :rockwoot:

Jan07pics033-1.jpg

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    FWIW - I've had both and do NOT agree to a "million times" better, especially if you compare the purchase prices and warranties. :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

i can only go by my experience with three seperate hi points and two marlins. see previous posts i've made on the hipoints for the issues i had on my guns.

as too the marlin. i bought mine for $220. only $70 more than the HP. and it takes hi caps (does the HP come with higher cap mags now? i owned them during the ban.) so i got two of those in the deal. as new, from H and H Firearms in fort wayne.

IME the marlin is a) more comfortable b) more reliable c) less threatening looking d) more accurate... the list goes on and on, for me. the only big flaw is the placement of the safety. inside teh trigger guard. bad idea.

these are only MY experience, but many many other have had the same experience.

and hi points warrenty IS very good. but it should be, you will probly need it.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I have one, and I love it. Eats my LRN reloads all day long, and Hi-points customer service is awsome. I broke the mag release spring when I switched stocks, they sent me out a new one free of charge no questions asked. The only thing that sucks is the mag capacity. If there was say 30 rounders available it would probably be my favorite gun !

julianaaugustfirst066Small2.jpg

Psy_6att_6ica_6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    idaho
    what is that youve got on the barell, is it just a muzzle break or flash reducer, i cant quite tell. thats a pretty classy lookin rifle though, i like it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom