• ...and so much more!
  • VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    No surprises here. Still good news.

ETA: It's both funny and sad that the "hi cap mag ban bill" is how this thing's known. That's just one peanut in the giant pile of **** this bill was made of.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yes, that is good! It did encourage me to buy some. I intended to anyway, but this was a little ahead of schedule. Think of it as my own stimulus package!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Putting the magzine ban in a bill that is "badly needed" is so underhanded and kiniving that I can't believe our government plays childish games like this every day. It is beyond unprofessional, it is unethical. If something is not DIRECTLY related to the bill, it should not be included in the bill, ever, period. Pork barrel projects are also thrown into just about every bill, and this is a pathetic practice, unworthy of this nation.

Every bill should be voted on its merits, and not tainted by unrelated things that are trying to pass under the radar. The problem is that if this cyber security bill was good, and needed badly enough, we would have a magazine ban right now, even though people were voting based on the merits of the cyber security.

IMO this represents the single biggest problem with Washington. Politicians obscur and complicate everything by bending the rules and basically cheating or gaming the system. They keep doing it because the government rarely passes bills restricting its own actions, even if they are completely flawed, but they LOVE regulating other industries and telling them how to operate. The irony.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    They will try again and again to pass this type of legislation as long as we the people keep giving our local senators and congressmen an earful and eye full every time these kind of bills will never pass. As always stay vigilante for the next bill to hit the tables.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Putting the magzine ban in a bill that is "badly needed" is so underhanded and kiniving that I can't believe our government plays childish games like this every day. It is beyond unprofessional, it is unethical. If something is not DIRECTLY related to the bill, it should not be included in the bill, ever, period. Pork barrel projects are also thrown into just about every bill, and this is a pathetic practice, unworthy of this nation.

Every bill should be voted on its merits, and not tainted by unrelated things that are trying to pass under the radar. The problem is that if this cyber security bill was good, and needed badly enough, we would have a magazine ban right now, even though people were voting based on the merits of the cyber security.

IMO this represents the single biggest problem with Washington. Politicians obscur and complicate everything by bending the rules and basically cheating or gaming the system. They keep doing it because the government rarely passes bills restricting its own actions, even if they are completely flawed, but they LOVE regulating other industries and telling them how to operate. The irony.

I get what you're saying but I'm glad this thing didn't pass, even if it DIDN'T have the Lautenberg amendment. It was another case of people who don't understand what they're talking about deciding the rules should be.

In my fantasy world, there would be a Constitutional Amendment stating that Federal legislators need to pass a written exam about before being able to vote on any bill to prove they actually understand what it's about.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hoosier Gun Owners need to remember that Senator Dan Coats voted against them in this bill. He has betrayed his promise to protect our Second Amendment Rights.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I got a mailer this week from State Representative Ed DeLaney titled "Ammunition for Thought."

The letter whines about (paid for by the IN House of Rep :xmad:):

* defeated amendment of large capacity (> 10 rounds :dunno:) ammunition feeding devices
    * need to address public safety as some push for campus carry so students can carry guns to class
    * on one hand (he says) he is talking about assault weapons, not hunting rifles or handguns; but the text of his proposed amendment defines large capacity as > 10 rounds for a handgun (or readily restored or converted to accept) and wants this to be a Class A misdemeanor to possess (wouldn't this apply to a significant number of handguns, like all Glocks?)

He wants to discuss this further and gives his ph. 232-9600 and email H86@in.gov (www. in.gov/H86).

I will likely express my disappointment with his thoughts (apparently I am a constituent?).

Top Bottom