Hey, lets keep giving corporations more and more power...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I am a little slow - what's this got to do with "giving corporations more and more power" ? The government seizing more power perhaps - I don't get the corporation statement.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    a colony of bees just HAPPENS to be resistant to Monsanto's Round-Up... those bees just HAPPEN to be taken away, and their queens just happen to die.. without a warrant... I don't think its much of a reach to put it all together...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    We'll have to disagree, then-- because I think your reaching more than Inspector Gadget.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    This makes no sense... I agree with wagyu52. Hey wait a minute! Rambone hasn't commented on this thread... uhhh Rambone? You're not a beekeeper by any chance are you? (evil grin)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Roundup doesn't kill bees in the first place.

Jeeze, it's a sad day when we have to import our crazy fake news from Canada. (.ca domain = Canada)

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    So, why don't you tell us how you determined that Roundup doesn't kill bees.

Roundup, as other herbicides, was not designed to kill insects, but that doesn't mean that it is not toxic to insects.

Anything can be a toxic under the right circumstances.
    The point of the crazy fake news article is that these bees where Roundup resistant. That means that he applied a specific rate of Roundup that initially killed his bees and then over a period of time, within 15 years, his bees where not effected by that same rate. So that proves that Roundup is a completely ineffective insecticide. :rolleyes:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    He had the proof his bees didn't have foulbrood, the bees were the proof and now the proof is gone and Monsanto is good to go again. We won't by much that is Monsanto.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    He had the proof his bees didn't have foulbrood, the bees were the proof and now the proof is gone and Monsanto is good to go again. We won't by much that is Monsanto.
    So..... you don't buy any food at all? Excepting the health store brands perhaps. If it has corn, soybeans, or cotton in it, it more than likely had Monsanto involved.

Roundups active ingredient is glyphosate. Glyphosate stops the synthesis of amino acids that only plants produce. Saying bees have built a resistance to Roundup is like saying it was designed to kill them. That's absolutely ridiculous. Monsanto isn't some big boogie man out to kill the world. They are a company, and they like profit. Death of bees would be very bad for the agricultural industry, and therefore very bad for Monsanto's bottom line.

Obviously too much of anything can cause problems. Swallowing a little tooth paste won't hurt you, eating a tube of it will make you sick. Same goes for Roundup. The "studies" that show Roundup to be harmful use levels of exposure not found in the real world. If I drank straight Roundup yeah I'm gonna get sick. Drinking too much water can kill you as well.

Last edited:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Point is, a monopoly on food, or food pollination for that manner, is a BAD thing. Monsanto does nothing positive for the environment. They know it. Most anyone who can read knows it.

DDT, PCBs, Agent Orange, and recombinant bovine somatotropin are just a few of the Great things that they've said "nothing to worry about here" about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto

ANY positive growth about these pollinators would be hazardous to those seeking a MONOPOLY on one's food source. And when anyone has the seemingly endless power to do what they want, when they want, and at the same time writing legislation to do it even when health issues arise... It's a bad day for anyone affected. The Farmer Assurance Provision (Monsanto Protection Act {I love how they give it names like that... like Common sense gun laws, etc...}) 'effectively bars federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of controversial genetically modified (aka GMO) or genetically engineered (GE) seeds, no matter what health issues may arise concerning GMOs in the future'.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer_Assurance_Provision

Top Bottom