• Status
    Not open for further replies.

needmoney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Howdy from West Lala,
    Was referred here by rizzo from a car enthusiast website (I also own a WRX and 240SX getting a corvette drivetrain), and finally signed up after picking up my first entry-level AR: A flattop carbon-15 bushmaster AR with a Bushnell sight. I started shooting AR about a month ago and simply have not been able to stop thinking about picking one up for myself, and can't wait for the thing to arrive. I also own a stoeger cougar 9mm as my CWC and love the thing to death. Pretty sure I spend more time shooting than with my girlfriend nowadays.

That being said out of preference I'm going to be switching out sights for a reflex sight, but more importantly I have an itch I HAVE to scratch immediately: a fore grip. After doing some searching I'm not quite at the point of understanding how compatible different fore grips are, and it is becoming increasingly obvious that new hand guards will be necessary to mount accessories to this area. What are the specifications on hand guards/rails(?) that would be compatible with my Rifle? Also very open to suggestions, additionally I would prefer a folding fore grip.

Sorry for the long winded intro, but glad to be here and look forward to contributing!!! Can't wait to get out onto the range, went out and pre-emptively bought 200 rounds of 5.56 for this friday :)

bhvostal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Welcome aboard

~ Brian

Howdy from West Lala,
    Was referred here by rizzo from a car enthusiast website (I also own a WRX and 240SX getting a corvette drivetrain), and finally signed up after picking up my first entry-level AR: A flattop carbon-15 bushmaster AR with a Bushnell sight. I started shooting AR about a month ago and simply have not been able to stop thinking about picking one up for myself, and can't wait for the thing to arrive. I also own a stoeger cougar 9mm as my CWC and love the thing to death. Pretty sure I spend more time shooting than with my girlfriend nowadays.

That being said out of preference I'm going to be switching out sights for a reflex sight, but more importantly I have an itch I HAVE to scratch immediately: a fore grip. After doing some searching I'm not quite at the point of understanding how compatible different fore grips are, and it is becoming increasingly obvious that new hand guards will be necessary to mount accessories to this area. What are the specifications on hand guards/rails(?) that would be compatible with my Rifle? Also very open to suggestions, additionally I would prefer a folding fore grip.

Sorry for the long winded intro, but glad to be here and look forward to contributing!!! Can't wait to get out onto the range, went out and pre-emptively bought 200 rounds of 5.56 for this friday :)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Welcome, I'm in W.L. a lot (my girlfriend goes to purdue) and we go shooting at applied ballistics regularly. If you want to come along and try some pistols out, you're more than welcome. Just bring some ammo and pay for your range time. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom