Here we go again .. And they wonder why we don't respect them ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yeah the mods would for sure ban me....but they love UM and he is okay to call people an idiot.......with out any consequences, I think the mods are cops, too....and they are protecting their own...

I'm a MOD and I'm by no means a cop. I'm the guy that avoids confrontation at all costs, not cut out to be a cop.
    I see my job as a referee, part of the field regardless of the subject matter being discussed. In other words I'm looking for fouls, which have relatively little to do with the subject being discussed.
    If you see a post from UM that looks like he is insulting another member report it. I don't see one.
    This should be more about INGO members discussing their views about the OP, focusing on the OP, even if the views others discuss are quite differing. When you start focusing the discussion less on the OP and more back and forth about each other our ears get raised. When you insult each other directly flags come out.
    But, for what it is worth, I would NEVER give an infraction to another dentist. Professional courtesy.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I dont think having big fingers will ever make me look like an idiot......but having to use spell check before posting anything, Would!!!![/quote]

Hey know whats wrong with spell check? I'd still be on my third post with out it. I wouldn't say that makes me an idit.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I was Shift Commander for over nineteen years.
    None of the Officers under my Command would have made such a statement in my presence.
    Not even after a few beers.

That explains a lot. No wonder you didn't know what was going on. The guys in charge never do, but they always think they do.

"Heck no, Shift Commander UncleMike. Gosh and golly, we'd never, ever, ever let a fellow officer get over. Not us. Huh uh, no way, no Sir."

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Prove that he's not!!
    Put up or shut up!
    Making assumptions about an entire group, based on the actions of a single individual, is at best, really dumb!!

Does this suffice?

Most real everyday LEO's do not take enforcement action on other LEO's for the things we have discretion on. Pretty much the unwritten rule nationwide. I have read that there are a few certain agency's that have a reputation of writing other LEO's but I have never seen it happen first hand. I have never experienced it either the few times I have been stopped over the years. I don't know what your occupation is but if you were in LE would you write another LEO? A person that might be your backup someday.

Have you ever written a police officer a traffic ticket?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Wow I can't believe this is still going on. What seems to be then problem here?

The discussion of our corrupted LEO's, and how citizens take issue with them.......if your wandering what got us on topic.....just reread your posts.....

I truly hope you are a troll and not in LE because it is ones like you , with your admitted abuses of your position that creates the us and them mentaillity on this board.....

You can claim your discretion all you like but, it makes us wander where you draw your line........with the whole heartedly statement " I have never or will never pull over or give a LEO for a moving violation, For no reason". It is not hard for a a person to believe you would cover up any other crime that you wanted or seen as no big deal .......

Personally, I belive any officer pulled over in his personal car and flashes his badge to get out of a ticket is just as bad.....I am sure this happens, often......

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The discussion of our corrupted LEO's, and how citizens take issue with them.......if your wandering what got us on topic.....just reread your posts.....

I truly hope you are a troll and not in LE because it is ones like you , with your admitted abuses of your position that creates the us and them mentaillity on this board.....

You can claim your discretion all you like but, it makes us wander where you draw your line........with the whole heartedly statement " I have never or will never pull over or give a LEO for a moving violation, For no reason". It is not hard for a a person to believe you would cover up any other crime that you wanted or seen as no big deal .......

Personally, I belive any officer pulled over in his personal car and flashes his badge to get out of a ticket is just as bad.....I am sure this happens, often......

Well all I can say is it is the unwritten rule of LE. Not just here but pretty much nation wide. I have stopped off duty LEO's with their family's, heading out on vacation countless times. They will not be ticketed, they will not be held up or detained once I see their creds. I have been stopped myself a few years ago. I didn't flash my badge as you say. There is no way I would have. The only way the ISP trooper knew was my wallet was in my carry bag in the backseat with my weapon. I felt I should tell him I had a weapon since I would be going in the bag.

It is the nature of the beast and sorry you don't approve. It is not a us vs them unless you chose to make it that way. If you decide to do so that is your problem. You, your opinion and 10,000 other peoples opinion will not change it. The 800,000 member LEO community is a tight one no matter where they work or what their assignment is. Doubt me? Watch the news and see how many LEO's will at the services for the THPD officer that will be laid to rest Monday.

Talk down about PC all you want. That is your right. Keep in mind it is my right to use Professional courtesy and discretion. Who knows, someday I might stop you and also use my discretion just because you are a INGO member.

Don't make it out to be something it is not. Once again we are talking infractions not crimes...big difference

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Well all I can say is it is the unwritten rule of LE. Not just here but pretty much nation wide. I have stopped off duty LEO's with their family's, heading out on vacation countless times. They will not be ticketed, they will not be held up or detained once I see their creds. I have been stopped myself a few years ago. I didn't flash my badge as you say. There is no way I would have. The only way the ISP trooper knew was my wallet was in my carry bag in the backseat with my weapon. I felt I should tell him I had a weapon since I would be going in the bag.

It is the nature of the beast and sorry you don't approve. It is not a us vs them unless you chose to make it that way. If you decide to do so that is your problem. You, your opinion and 10,000 other peoples opinion will not change it. The 800,000 member LEO community is a tight one no matter where they work or what their assignment is. Doubt me? Watch the news and see how many LEO's will at the services for the THPD officer that will be laid to rest Monday.

Talk down about PC all you want. That is your right. Keep in mind it is my right to use Professional courtesy and discretion. Who knows, someday I might stop you and also use my discretion just because you are a INGO member.

Don't make it out to be something it is not. Once again we are talking infractions not crimes...big difference

I respectfully disagree. I ask for no such "professional courtesy" due to being a member of INGO. If I do something wrong (speed, etc.) and I am pulled over, I have no problem if I get a ticket. If I was speeding, then I deserve it. Period.

As for the "infractions vs. crimes" bit, that argument, sir, smacks a lot of the one where a young lady is asked if she'll sleep with someone for a million dollars.... I believe that the punch line to that is something like "we've established what you ARE, now we're just haggling over the price..."

Just sayin'...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

"Pageing Uncle Mike" "Come in,Over" :tumbleweed:

Top Bottom