• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    Just bought one today for my dad for Christmas. Anyone ever shoot one? I would love to take this out, but I am going to resist and let him shoot it first.

So want do you think?

image-11.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think you are one great son!

Henry makes one of the best lever guns in the business. Their actions are smooth as silk right out of the box.

Resistance might be difficult, but you did buy it as a gift, so you are doing right by not playing with it before giving it. I would hope he will let you shoot it. :D

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I think you are one great son!

Henry makes one of the best lever guns in the business. Their actions are smooth as silk right out of the box.

Resistance might be difficult, but you did buy it as a gift, so you are doing right by not playing with it before giving it. I would hope he will let you shoot it. :D

He will defiantly let me shoot it after him. I am going to bring my Marlin 917V and we will have a bit of .17 fun.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    You are a great Son! I have also bought a few Henry's for my Dad over the past few years, latest being the Golden Boy Coal Miners Tribute .22 LR. Also had to resist running a few test rounds thru it. Henry rifles make great gifts and even better hand me downs :D

Yukon622

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    brownsburg
    Let us know how it shoots. Would be interested to know if the 17 hmr would have issues feeding in a lever action rifle. I have a savage bolt action but that Henry looks more fun to shoot!

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Not shot one in 17 but it does say Henry on the box so its gotta be good sure he will be happy to get it

Tripmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I have one and it is fantastic. Accurate right out of the box, very smooth action with no feed problems. So much better on groundhogs than a .22. The best looking rifle I own. After you shoot it you will want one for yourself.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I lusted after a golden boy in .22 for awhile...
    until I shouldered it. I hated the low rake of the stock, so now I've got my eye on a regular one. I didn't dream they had different stocks, but I'm glad I shouldered one before I bought it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had one and it was fantastic. My brother in-laws just bought a pair of big boys in 44 mag. Great company and great guns. I just got out of the cowboy stuff and went all modern. Although I couldnt let go of my Ruger/Bob Munden six gun. Glad I did since Bod passes this past Monday.

Top Bottom