• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ok so I got what I feel was a great deal on a gun safe at menards. I got it home and i need it go go up stairs and with the type of dolly I have it is not going up there. I think the type of dolly with the rollers on the back would help but idk. I am located in Avon if anyone wants to help or has anything my friends and I can use to get it up the stairs... the safe is 400lbs

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Only 400 lbs??? that is only you and 3 more friends.

If no one has a dolly, U-Haul uses the kind with the roller thingy on the back

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    need one on top pulling, one person on bottom somewhat lifting the wheels to the next step.

this is the method we used at lowes when delivering in basements or apartments and had to go up and down stairs.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    once you get it in place I would like to hear your report on that safe. I really wanted to get that one. But my wife just had surgery so all my extra buy plans are out the window for a while.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    You can use a tug strap, run it around the bottom so the guy on top has something to pull with and two guys on the bottom, Good luck!

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Whatever you use, make sure it's got a solid ratchet strap around the dolly and safe. Last thing you want is the dolly pulling out from underneath half way up.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Definitely strap or tie it securely to the dolly with two guys lifting it up and setting it on each step. Rest after every step. One guy on top to control pitch so it cannot lay down or stand up. Make sure when you get it to the top of the stairs to move it on away from the stairs. If it falls over at the top and anyone is below it things will end badly.

sturge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Madison County
    glad to hear you were able to get it where you wanted it.
    I'm also interested in hearing your input on how you like the safe as I am considering buying a new safe. There is nothing better than first hand input on pros and cons of products from people that are truely using them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom