• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    I bet a days pay I am doing this wrong or putting it in the wrong place but hey, I am the new guy!! I honestly have looked and can not find an answer or I wouldn't have asked, but is there a way to get the thread posts to read from newest to oldest or is that just the way it is? It seems when you open a popular thread the first post may be 2 years old and you have to work from the back to the front. Just asking, let me know what I should do.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Scarecrow is correct if you want to find the latest posts. However, if you click on the down arrow to the left of the thread
    firstnew.gif
    , it will jump you to the first new post since you last viewed the thread (or marked threads as viewed).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hello, any reason I can't post to the Introductions and Greetings portion of the forum?

I get an error message pop-up that says I do not have permission to access this page. This pops up when I hit the Post Reply or Quote option.

Thanks!

Because you're a brand-new member. In the past, brand new members have used the Intro forum EXTENSIVELY to dump dozens of "Welcome!" posts to run their post count up enough to access the Classifieds. Not to mention, if you think about it, it makes little sense for you to be welcoming new members when you are brand new yourself. You can create your own intro thread (and respond in the thread), but you can't post in anyone else's. However, given that you've posted this same exact question in half a dozen Forum Support threads (that have nothing to do with your question), I think you already knew the answer and are still trying to run up your post count.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But I can access classifieds, so I'm not sure if that's the reason. I'm curious if it's an administration problem, since I can access the classifieds when I'm not supposed to, if I'm reading your response correctly??

No, you are not reading it correctly. You can see the classifieds, but you are not allowed to post in the Classifieds (or participate in any sales) in the Classifieds until you have spent some time participating on the rest of the site. It's not an administration problem. It's the site rules, which you should have read when you joined.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Scarecrow is correct if you want to find the latest posts. However, if you click on the down arrow to the left of the thread
    firstnew.gif
    , it will jump you to the first new post since you last viewed the thread (or marked threads as viewed).

I've been on over a year, and I just now see this.
    Oh the trouble this could have saved.
    All the paging back to find where I was, then going forward.
    AAAAAAAhhhhhh:ar15:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom