• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I decided to CC my Glock 19 with an IWB holster for the first time last night, and I printed really bad. I wore a shirt that's pretty big on me and I have a proper belt for it. I don't want to print when I CC. What are some tips to help me not print?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I was using an Uncle Mike's size 16 IWB holster with retention strap. I know it's not the best holster and I do intend to upgrade soon. I carry mostly at 3:30 but closer to 4. Maybe I'm not positioning it right?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I would consider other holster options. A good holster will make all the difference for comfort and concealibility. Some IWB holsters will allow you to adjust ride height and cant, which helps get it to sit perfectly for you. I have an MTAC and it works well with my 26 and 19. Others will suggest Crossbreed.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Help with printing issues

Here you go -

Printcraft Press Inc.

A heavy, stiff gun belt and a proper holster and you can hide any sized gun comfortably. After adjusting a few times. :):

I carry a large semi with an extended mag under a t-shirt without any printing issues. I just make sure that my tees aren't body huggers and that my gun is in the correct angle to pull it off.

I've used Kholsters for years now for my guns and they are inexpensive and very comfortable with a lifetime warranty, no matter how much you cut up or destroy it.

Kholster Concealed Carry Holsters - Made in the USA<br />

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I have been leaning towards the MTAC myself. It feels awkward being right behind my hip but putting it at the hip makes the printing worse. Any other suggestions on clothing?

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I also carry a G19, I had my wife watch for printing over a period of time, IWB at 4 o'clock using a Galco King Tuk no printing at all, OWB with a Black Hawk Surpra with very little printing which is more noticeable with a solid shirt vs a printed shirt. I've been OWB with a cheap belt and am 235lb with a bit of a spare tire pushing the gun out :). I think once I get a good gun belt the OWB print will be less.

By the way both holsters are very comfortable.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    2 options that I have used for the same issue are: a Remora Holster. It has a lifetime warranty, it is inexpensive & super comfy. Try it first. If you don't like it then you aren't out much money. My gun disappears when I use my Remora. 2nd option that I also use is to OC.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    2 options that I have used for the same issue are: a Remora Holster. It has a lifetime warranty, it is inexpensive & super comfy. Try it first. If you don't like it then you aren't out much money. My gun disappears when I use my Remora. 2nd option that I also use is to OC.

I have looked at Remora holsters, they look very good but I'm not sure how well they'd stay on my waist without a clip.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have been leaning towards the MTAC myself. It feels awkward being right behind my hip but putting it at the hip makes the printing worse. Any other suggestions on clothing?
    I am a big fan of the MTAC, IMO it is by far the best of the hybrid holsters. As others have said, the holster is only as good as the belt that holds it in place, for that, I use a 5.11 Operator.

404492422.jpg

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I vote for the Galco King Tuk. It was easier on my wallet than some of the others... $56 or so. Conceals the M&P 40 and 40c on me very well at about 3:30 or 4:00, adjusted to have the smallest amount of cant. My buddy swears by the MTAC. Hey, they're 15% off for Labor Day. Whichever you choose, I recommend wearing it as much as you can to help break it in (I can't carry at work). After a few days, I could barely tell it's there. Good luck, try all the different settings for whatever you buy, as the setup that I thought would work for me was not right at all. It gets better!

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I am a big fan of the MTAC, IMO it is by far the best of the hybrid holsters.

I agree 100% on the MTAC. Love mine, and Comp-Tac currently has the chestnut backed models on closeout. Who cares what color the backing is when no one sees it?

I'm still convinced that thebeltman.com offers the best value in gun belts. I've been wearing one of his 1.5" bullhide belts most days for the last six years and have nothing but good things to say about it. In fact, I plan to celebrate losing a few pounds by stepping up to one of his horsehide belts.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You may think you are printing more than you are. I have found that people who are somewhat new to carry are a little oversensitive about how much the gun may be printing. I wear an OWB with a button down shirt over it and have never had anyone say anything about it. The vast majority of people don't even notice open carry so you will probably be fine until your new holster comes in.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was using an Uncle Mike's size 16 IWB holster with retention strap. I know it's not the best holster and I do intend to upgrade soon. I carry mostly at 3:30 but closer to 4. Maybe I'm not positioning it right?

IIRC, that holster has no cant, correct? Cant makes a big difference for me. Agree with other posters that a quality holster should make a difference.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    You may think you are printing more than you are. I have found that people who are somewhat new to carry are a little oversensitive about how much the gun may be printing. I wear an OWB with a button down shirt over it and have never had anyone say anything about it. The vast majority of people don't even notice open carry so you will probably be fine until your new holster comes in.
    I agree. I typically carry my G17 in a Serpa. Sometimes I have a t-shirt over it, sometimes I just OC. Most of the time no one notices the huge bulge under my t-shirt, let alone when it's just hanging out there.

Top Bottom