• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I am looking for a auto safe/vault that is top loading. Similar to the one below.

opplanet-adg-sports-secure-vault-top-load-safe.jpg

I'm not sure if I want the biometric type, as I don't want to have to worry about batteries going dead at an inopportune time, but I will leave it open for consideration. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg. The purpose of it is to keep my kids out of it, and the added safety it provides over stashing in the glove box.

Does anyone have anything like this installed in their vehicle, and do you have some pics to show how it is mounted and installed? I have a pick-up truck.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to seeing what everyone recommends.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    The Truck Vault company makes custom vaults for the back of SUVs and for truck beds. They also have a product called Console Vault which is a small safe like the one in your picture that fits in the console (between the seats) of many vehicles.

Here is a link to the Console Vault section of the Truck Vault website: TruckVault Secure Storage Solutions :: ConsoleVault

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have looked over the console vaults, but I need my console for all the loose junk that floats around my truck. It's my catch-all.

I need something to mount between the console and passenger seat or something. Plus, those console vaults are all over $200+

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Well, I have searched all over, and I simply don't see what I am looking for. Maybe I need to make it instead.

Top Bottom