• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    So I'm thinking I might be needing a new firearm. Here's some of the things I've been kicking around-

Handguns:
    SA GI 1911
    S&W M&P
    RIA Commander 1911
    Taurus 1911 ( i know ...it's a Taurus, but i like the pt1911:laugh:)
    pocket gun that is not a Keltec....maybe an LCP.

Rifles:
    Cetme or G3 from Centerfire
    Saiga carbine
    Galil clone

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have heard a lot of great things about taurus 1911's. I have not had any problems with any of my Taurus firearms.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i havent had any problems with mine either. i had a taurus 1911, but sold it to fund another project....it was a very accurate and comfortable pistol. i am thinking of getting the AL model, since i dont think taurus makes a commander sized 1911.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I haven't had any problems with the Taurus guns I have either. PT 101, PT 140, PT 709, PT 738. I can also tell you I have a M&P 9c and I adore the gun. Only thing I wish Smith had done with it was make slightly thinner but it's a very good gun.

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    My vote is for a 1911. The SA GI 1911 is just simple beauty I had a blast shooting my buddy's. I have to say I have a craving for a Taurus PT1911 though :) especially the Blue/Gray one.

1911AL.jpg

truly beautiful!

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    May I suggest something not on the list that is between the sizes of the 1911 and the keltec?

Sig 239, I had one a while back and never wish I got rid of it. So when the chance to get another came up I did not hesitate!
    Great shooters, easy to carry, well ballanced. I would get the DAK trigger though, The one I got rid of had the DAK, and the one I have now has the SRT. The dak was a dream to shoot. Limited to capacity, but great gun. You can find a used one for the price range your talking... If you get one you will not regret it.

Products & Services

Another good gun is the Kahr K9 or K40, all metal frame, sets a little lower in the hand than the sig, GREAT trigger, all around good gun, used gun price about the same as the sig,

Kahr Arms / 9mm Models / K9 Series

just some food for thought. Good luck in your search, hope you find what your looking for.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I would go with the M&P I got a .40 when they first came out and it was rock solid reliable. I tried to make it choke by limp wristing and did some crazy reliability tests with dirt and sand and it kept running. It was also surprisingly accurate at 25 yards.

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not much for pistols, but if you are looking for something fun to shoot, cheap to shoot, and violent as hell. I just bought a psl54c. Which is basically an AK on steroids. Great fun, punishing, and accurate. I am sure I will get opposing views, but I have put 150 rounds thru it with no problem and just make sure you clean it thoroughly

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sounds like you had good luck with the PT1911. So if you like it then it gets my vote. If you decide to go with a pocket gun might I suggest an LCR or J frame.

Top Bottom