• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I didn't have my camera and my phone sucks. I thought they were rabbit tracks,very rabbit like in size and spread the front two close together the rear two outside and just behind. 2 ft between 'steps' short willy nilly trail never saw any individual steps always all 4 together. Front feet looked "cat-ish" rear ones were elongated like a rabbit but had 5 toes. Trail just kind o meandered around a pond i was fishing stopped around couple small tree's. My Falcon scat and tracks of north america book thinks its a black tailed ferret, but that is terrifically unlikely in jennings county Indiana. Any idea's
    Sorry my description is so poor, my interest in track ID-ing is new have not yet developped the skills to differentiate info into useful thoughts, but I have curiousity! LOL Anyways thanks for any help you can offer.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Squirrel tracks should have the rear feet ahead of the front feet. So should rabbit and I think rabbit tracks normally show only 4 toes. The gait pattern suggests an animal that moves in bounds, not a pacer like a raccoon. A mink would make that kind of track pattern but I've not normally seen their hind feet look very elongated. I guess it could be a raccoon that was moving in bounds for some reason but that just doesn't seem likely to me. I'm still guessing mink.

Top Bottom