• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Ok so on my AR15 I have always used an Eotech. Ever since I zeroed it at 25m it's been good to go. It has a fixed from sight so I recently put a flip up rear sight as a backup if eo goes down. Well when I flip the sight up and try to co witness With the eo it's not right. If I get a proper sight picture with iron sights it shows the eo at right height but to far to the right. So I got wondering and put a laser bore sight down and went back to my proper sight picture and it shows the bore sight laser to the right of the front sight post as well. I literally have to take the rear sight all the way to the left to get it all to do co witness properly. I checked and rear sight is on properly and center.....with is going on? No I haven't had a chance to hit the range with this problem yet. Is my barrel warped to the right slightly and I have never notice? If so I can't tell at all. I only have 200 rounds down this barrel and its never been under rapid fire or other abuse. Any input?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Ok so on my AR15 I have always used an Eotech. Ever since I zeroed it at 25m it's been good to go. It has a fixed from sight so I recently put a flip up rear sight as a backup if eo goes down. Well when I flip the sight up and try to co witness With the eo it's not right. If I get a proper sight picture with iron sights it shows the eo at right height but to far to the right. So I got wondering and put a laser bore sight down and went back to my proper sight picture and it shows the bore sight laser to the right of the front sight post as well. I literally have to take the rear sight all the way to the left to get it all to do co witness properly. I checked and rear sight is on properly and center.....with is going on? No I haven't had a chance to hit the range with this problem yet. Is my barrel warped to the right slightly and I have never notice? If so I can't tell at all. I only have 200 rounds down this barrel and its never been under rapid fire or other abuse. Any input?
    First a laser bore sight is only good to get your firearm hitting somewhere on target. I don't own one and probably never will as I just move closer to my target or use a larger target to achieve the same thing. Once you are "on paper" the laser is of no farther use. So ignore it. If you are hitting where you aim with your Eotech, your Iron sights should be aimed at the same spot. It is possible (likely) your rear Flip up sight is off center with the bore (at the top of the sight) - not a big issue - either change the mounting so it is centered or drift the front iron sight so your aiming the same spot as the Eotech. Seriously doubt you have a bent barrel or you would have issues with accuracy using the Eotech at different range distances.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    sounds like your optic is sighted in but your irons arent
    adjust your rear iron sight until the dot is centered up with your irons.
    if you dot is truly sighted in bring the irons to the dot and not the other way around

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    what upper do you have it mounted on? Could be out of spec and the eotech mount is not seated properly. Try shooting irons only with the eotech off then try with the eotech on and see where the co witness is. its its still off you could have an out of spec upper rail or it could be the eotech mount

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Got it....I my EO was messed with. I remember now the last time I shot it my buddy used it a bit....so I called him....he removed it to practice on irons (not sure why he didnt just turn it off) and didnt seat it correctly. Thanks all the input!

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    A question to the OP's question. I thought with an eotech you could co-witness with the front site only. Not use both front and rear sites thru a powered up eotech. With my AR set-up with a yankee hill front and magpul rear sites only at a 25m zero, good to go. With eotech on, and both sites up, mine will hit high left. Eotech and co-witness front good to go. Eotech alone same good to go points of impact/grouping. It would seem to me, the OP has no problem. :dunno:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Sight in EACH separately!

Sighting in one system from the other is only to get you CLOSE.

The rear sight is adjustable for a reason, if you have to move it to one side or the other to line up, so be it.

Top Bottom