• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hello, I'm trying to find a micro pistol chambered in 9 mm. My requirements are,
    - smaller than a glock 26
    - thumb safety
    - manageable recoil for a fit 100lb female.
    - 115 gr friendly
    - slide lock at last round
    - not hard to rack slide

This will be my wife's purse gun. She does not want a wheel gun for reasons she is not clear enough.
    Can you guys please give me some recommendations?
    Ty!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Safety! We don't need no stinkin' safety! LOL ... actually the CM9 does have a firing pin block which then requires a full pull on the trigger to disengage. Good enough for me especially since it's being carried in a holster that covers the trigger during carry.

Kahr’s incomparable cocking cam trigger system employs a patented cam to both unlock the firing pin block (passive safety), and complete cocking and releasing of the firing pin. The system provides a “safe-cam action” and unbelievably smooth double action only trigger stroke, fast to fire in critical defensive situations. Many lower cost compact semi-autos on the market today do not have firing pin blocks in their design.

Last edited:

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have looked at kimber solo. They do require higher grain count. Im not scratching it off the list though.

I realize that it will be harder to rack with a stiffer spring.however some pistols are harder or stiffer than some. The kahrs are a lot more harder to rack than ruger or Taurus when we handled it.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Safety! We don't need no stinkin' safety! LOL ... actually the CM9 does have a firing pin block which then requires a full pull on the trigger to disengage. Good enough for me especially since it's being carried in a holster that covers the trigger during carry.

Kahr’s incomparable cocking cam trigger system employs a patented cam to both unlock the firing pin block (passive safety), and complete cocking and releasing of the firing pin. The system provides a “safe-cam action” and unbelievably smooth double action only trigger stroke, fast to fire in critical defensive situations. Many lower cost compact semi-autos on the market today do not have firing pin blocks in their design.

I wasnt aware of that. However , she does want a thumb safety. I guess all these years of me carrying a gun cocked in SA and locked influenced her. I'm setting a bad example.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Kahr does have a model with a manual safety. The Massachusettes compliant PM9 comes with a thumb safety. Chances are slim you will find one in our neck of the woods. Your local dealer can probably order one for you.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Smith and Wesson CS9 (Chief's Special.)

Pic compared with a little J frame.

n48t20.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hello, I'm trying to find a micro pistol chambered in 9 mm. My requirements are,
    - smaller than a glock 26
    - thumb safety
    - manageable recoil for a fit 100lb female.
    - 115 gr friendly
    - slide lock at last round
    - not hard to rack slide

This will be my wife's purse gun. She does not want a wheel gun for reasons she is not clear enough.
    Can you guys please give me some recommendations?
    Ty!

If she is not experienced and not going to practice a lot, in the heat of the moment she might be better off with a revolver trigger pull and no safety whether it is a revolver or semi. Point and pull and not prone to forgetting to switch off the safety. Quicker for the inexperienced.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    There are a limited number of smaller 9MM Semi-auto pistols that have an external safety:

The Kimber Solo
    The Kahr PM9 with ext. safety and LCI
    The S&W CS9 noted above (this gun is no longer in production AFAIK)
    The Springfield EMP*
    The Kimber Ultra Aegis II*
    The Kimber Ultra CDP II*
    The Para TPA and Carry 9
    The Ruger LC9

* I strongly recommend against carrying a cocked & locked single action pistol in a purse unless you wrap it in a holster that covers the safety completely.

Notes:

- I am sure I have a missed a few.
    - Some of these barely qualify as "micro".
    - Slide racking effort is likely to range from tolerable to heavy. Good technique and practice will help. Hand strengthening exercises will too and you will get better back rubs out of it too ;-)

Out of all of these, the LC9 is likely the best choice and is a good value too. Assuming she can rack the slide, it would be a fine choice.

Good luck!!

Top Bottom