Not open for further replies.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Hello everyone!
    I am new to the group and as a matter of fact looking for my first firearms. I kinda want to get a feel for what is out there before I spend any money (which I wont have until i get my tax return). I heard yall seem very friendly and helpful so I decided to make this post and ask a few questions. I have plans to get my 14yr old son a .22 semi-auto rifle for his Birthday and looking for a handgun for myself that uses the same .22LR ammo so we can share cheap ammo and have fun target shooting w/o breaking the bank on ammo. Are there many members near the Ft Wayne area? I was planning on getting a Remington 597 scoped combo from dunham's for $230. Is this a good price? or do you think i should hold out for a better deal from one of the many Indiana Gun Groups? I also had my eye on a Ruger Hunter Mark III that a gentleman had for sale for $300 but sadly by the time I got a hold of him it was already sold. Any suggestions for a .22 handgun that is affordable? Im not looking for a tiny pistol, i am a large man with big hands so Im looking for something that will be comfortable to shoot. Sorry this is so long, Thanks in advance for any info. Looking forward to joining the ranks of Indiana Gun Owners.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO! :ingo:

.22s are an excellent way to start- cheap to shoot and lots of fun. There are a lot of opinions on what are the best in each category, but the two you mentioned are very good. I recommend checking the rifle and handgun areas for comments on those and other .22 firearms.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    From Sullivan Co., Welcome to INGO!

The S&W M&P22 and their 22A are good choices. Although I have not owned, might even give the 1911 style in .22LR a look.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom