• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy2Tex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Howdy, all.

I was born and lived the first two decades of my life in Indiana but now reside in Texas. My family and roots are in Indiana so still make trips back as often as possible.

I'm just getting started with guns. Took an NRA pistol shooting class in Dec of 2011 and then a Texas CHL class in January of 2012. Received my CHL at the beginning of March 2012.

My first gun purchase was a Springfield Armory XDM 5.25" Bi-tone 9 MM.
    My second was a Beretta Nano (my carry gun).
    My third was a Ruger SR22.
    My fourth purchase was a Ruger 10/22 takedown .22 rifle.

I stumbled across INGO when I was looking for Indiana gun info. I started reading a "meet and greet" thread and have lurked ever since. Just now got around to registering on the site.

I have enjoyed reading many of the threads here. Lots of good info and also fun people... I have laughed out loud more than once while reading INGO posts.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Peace.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Welcome! Where are you in Texas? I have a brother-in-law and some friends down there. He lives in Houston, and we've done some hog hunting near D'Hanis, which is west of San Antonio, and Goliad, which is southwest of Houston. The hogs are EVERYWHERE!

Indy2Tex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Welcome! I have relatives in the lone star state, where abouts are you?

Welcome! Where are you in Texas? I have a brother-in-law and some friends down there. He lives in Houston, and we've done some hog hunting near D'Hanis, which is west of San Antonio, and Goliad, which is southwest of Houston. The hogs are EVERYWHERE!

Thanks for all the friendly "welcome" posts. To answer the questions, I am in NE Texas, the Dallas area.

I've read about them wild hogs... a real problem in various places.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for all the friendly "welcome" posts. To answer the questions, I am in NE Texas, the Dallas area.

I've read about them wild hogs... a real problem in various places.

They are bad there, too! I have a friend in Rockwall, just outside of Dallas, and they've killed hundreds just since January. Of course, they go crazy with night vision, thermal imagers, lasers, and such. Those pigs don't stand a chance, but they just keep coming! He owns Ident Marking, Inc., which makes and sells lots of night vision equipment. Those guys really go after the hogs.

He told me they've had decent rainfall this year, and the crops are good, so the pigs are thriving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom