• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamesleg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Hi all. My name is James. I found this site while researching Indiana's gun laws and found it very helpful indeed!

My wife and I are taking an NRA basic pistol shooting class tomorrow at Marion County Fish and Game. We're not gun owners, yet, but we'll decide on a handgun after taking the class and make a purchase very soon after.

My wife has already expressed an interest acquire a shotgun for clay pigeon shooting, so that may be firearm #2!

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from you folks.

jamesleg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    The class exceeded my expectations! My wife's, too. Neither of us had shot a pistol before and damn it was fun! The classroom stuff was excellent, too. I wasn't bored for a single moment the whole day. And it was the WHOLE DAY!

One of the reasons that we took the class was to be able to shoot a few different models to help steer us towards a purchase decision. As it turned out, we both shot Sig Sauers. A P226 in 9mm and a P250 in .40, I think (this is still very new to me...). On our final six shots, both our best efforts of the day, she put all six shots with the 9mm in the 10 point circle, with one bulls-eye. I... hit the target paper with all six. I did get one 10 pointer.

We haven't made any decisions yet on what we'll buy, but my better half (literally and I'm so proud of her!) said as we were leaving the range, "We may have to buy two guns". A good day!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom