Not open for further replies.

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!
    Hey Everyone,

My name is James Garrett. I'm currently awaiting my carry permit to come back from the state. I am in the market for my first handgun, as my current a options for a carry are a Colt Woodsman .22 and a older .22 7 shot revolver. Yes I know .22 cal is small. But any caliber is better than no caliber. I originally was looking at a couple polymer models, but after talking to my future father-in law I was redirected to an all metal model. I'm in love with 1911's now I know that its not exactly a daily carry gun but I'm a big guy at 6'2 225. I love the feel of a 1911 and the tradition.

A little about me: I'm a Marine Corps Brat, father is a retired MSgt. with 22 years in the Corps. Grandpa was also a Devil Dog during Korea. I kept the tradition alive with joining in 2008. I'm currently a Corporal in the reserves. I'm a big outdoorsman love hunting and fishing. I also enjoy the occasional struggle they call golf.

I'm open to any suggestions on guns or offers. I'm new to handguns and really don't have a clue but wanting to learn.

There are two main things that I am looking for in a 1911:
    1) Ambidextorus Safety, I'm a south paw.
    2) Adjustable Rear Sight

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom