• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    OK, guys. I've seen some USPSA and other shooting footage taken from head/helmet/gear cameras. I've been toying with picking one up to document my own practice/training/matches, and am curious if anyone here has one? If so, what make/model is it? Any general advice in regards to purchasing or using one?

An acquaintance of mine is a partner in the outfit marketing this product:
    OcularCam | See it - keep it

But I'm not sure I like the idea of wedding the camera to one's glasses; seems that a separate unit would be more versatile with regards to mounting and employment.

Thoughts?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    We have some at work that can clip right on to your shirt but right now I can't remember the name of them, they are small and self contained, you just down load to your computer, I think they run about $180.00

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Go pros are what we used kart racing. Cheap and easy to use. Might be a little bulky but would be worth checking out.

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    Thanks Hickman!

Yeah I use the GoPro Hero cam. I was worried it would be bulky, but you really don't even notice it is there when running a stage.

I met a guy who wore the I-Kam extreme glasses. They are pretty slick. They have a pinhole camera right between the lenses and also record audio. I actually won a pair in a drawing at the IN state Prod/SS/Rev match. I haven't used them yet, but am impressed with what they engineered into a pair of sunglasses.

The GoPro Hero takes beautiful high definition video with audio and can come with a wide range of mounts to suit anything worth recording. It depends on if you want beautiful video or a stealthy look. Check them both out on youtube and you will see the difference.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Thanks Hickman!

Yeah I use the GoPro Hero cam. I was worried it would be bulky, but you really don't even notice it is there when running a stage.

How do you wear/attach yours when shooting USPSA? I am interested in non-helmet mounting options (hat, headband, arm, shoulder, etc?) for use in classes, FNS matches, etc. The less obtrusive, the better.

Thanks!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I can't remember where I saw this. But professional 4-wheeler racers like to wear these small cameras so they can record their races. They can mount on the shield of their helmet, their shirt, even the handlebars.

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    How do you wear/attach yours when shooting USPSA? I am interested in non-helmet mounting options (hat, headband, arm, shoulder, etc?) for use in classes, FNS matches, etc. The less obtrusive, the better.

Thanks!

I have the headband for my GoPro. I've been wearing it at all the shooting matches including Friday Night Steel.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have the headband for my GoPro. I've been wearing it at all the shooting matches including Friday Night Steel.

Got any pics of you wearing it? Will the headband work over a ballcap?

I'm really leaning toward this one. The price is right, the video quality seems good, the non-HD wide-angle model has a firmware upgrade to accept larger memory cards, there are lots of mounts available, and I wouldn't have to give up wearing my Oakleys. :cool:

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    Thanks again Hickman! I don't get on here enough. It is nice to have someone to take care of responding for me!

I am trying to stay out of the handgun forum. I see their is another thread asking what is our fascination with Glocks. This must be the hundredth time that has been brought up. I just want to know what is everyone's fascination with wanting to understand our fascination?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shooter 521, would you give a review on the camera you get after some use with it. Like after the EAG class or YFA class? :D

Will do. I'm signed up for Magpul Dynamics Handgun 1 and Carbine 1 this year. I won't see Pat at all, even just to visit; his Boone County dates are in conflict with other events on my calendar. :xmad: Louis/YFA I haven't trained with, but am seriously thinking about for next year.

So, it looks like I'm going to be a Hero! :D When I get home, I need to see if my existing memory cards will work with it, then find the best deal. Looks like the straight camera plus the head strap mount direct from GoPro is the least expensive way in, unless I want extra batteries, memory cards or mounts, then there are some pretty good packages on Amazon. Thinking about getting the seat-post mount for attaching the camera to my long guns.

Thanks to Daturbokat and everyone else who provided their input! :ingo:

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom