• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    From the shore of Lake Monroe, it looks like this Blue Herron bit off a bit more than he could chew.

a08439040a462d6a78cf2af3b1618204.jpg

b4295f05a497ea2f444c217463cbee93.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    FWIW I remember reading somewhere that these birds breath through their tongue so they can swallow fish or other game whole w/out gasping for air. If this proves to be true then the bird didn't suffocate it died of thirst or starvation w/ the fish to big to swallow and the tines digging in preventing it from being spit back out.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    FWIW I remember reading somewhere that these birds breath through their tongue so they can swallow fish or other game whole w/out gasping for air. If this proves to be true then the bird didn't suffocate it died of thirst or starvation w/ the fish to big to swallow and the tines digging in preventing it from being spit back out.

Or ... this is a staged photo.
    Found dead bird. Found dead fish. Shove fish in birds mouth. Take picture, nice conversation piece.
    I'm just saying that it's possible.

I really think you need to brush up on the forum rules. the one liners are not tolerated until you have over 50 quality posts. All you need to do is add a bit more detail and personalize your posts for a while and you will be there before you know it.

Hey Man,
    He can say "wow" if he wants to.
    There's no rule a newbie can't just say "wow." ;)

Top Bottom