• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Even though I found this on FB I'm pretty sure it's true and requires attention.

***URGENT: READ, CONTACT, & SHARE ***

We been warning about the potential for a "Compromise Carry" bill since the summer study committee was created last spring.

“Compromise Carry” is a permit-less carry bill, like “Constitutional Carry” but with gun control added.

Well now it is here, HB 1424, and it is scheduled for a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee tomorrow. While this bill is technically permit-less carry it has several problems:

HB 1424 contains mental health provisions that can cost law-abiding gun owners the loss of their gun rights WITHOUT due process. The language may even be more broad than Obama's Veterans and Social Security gun bans.

There are also provisions concerning protective orders where anyone, not just household members, could get a protective order entered by a judge at a secret hearing that you are not even aware of that would suspend your right to carry.

The state will still require you to carry a state ID at all times when carrying a firearm, and will penalize law-abiding gun owners for no other reason than failing to do so.

As-is if HB 1424 is passed, Indiana would become a “Constitutional Carry” state, but perhaps the most restrictive state of any that have passed it so far.

HB 1424 MUST be fixed before it leaves committee.

Call Rep. Tim Wesco, the bill's author and Vice-Chairman of the Public Policy committee, and tell him we want Constitutional Carry WITHOUT COMPROMISE; fix the bill before voting it out of committee.

Then contact Rep. Ben Smaltz, the Public Policy Chairman and a co-author on the bill and tell him the same.

Tim Wesco:
    (317) 232-9753
    h21@iga.in.gov

Ben Smaltz:
    (317) 232-9850
    h52@iga.in.gov

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Even though I found this on FB I'm pretty sure it's true and requires attention.

***URGENT: READ, CONTACT, & SHARE ***

We been warning about the potential for a "Compromise Carry" bill since the summer study committee was created last spring.

“Compromise Carry” is a permit-less carry bill, like “Constitutional Carry” but with gun control added.

Well now it is here, HB 1424, and it is scheduled for a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee tomorrow. While this bill is technically permit-less carry it has several problems:

HB 1424 contains mental health provisions that can cost law-abiding gun owners the loss of their gun rights WITHOUT due process. The language may even be more broad than Obama's Veterans and Social Security gun bans.

There are also provisions concerning protective orders where anyone, not just household members, could get a protective order entered by a judge at a secret hearing that you are not even aware of that would suspend your right to carry.

The state will still require you to carry a state ID at all times when carrying a firearm, and will penalize law-abiding gun owners for no other reason than failing to do so.

As-is if HB 1424 is passed, Indiana would become a “Constitutional Carry” state, but perhaps the most restrictive state of any that have passed it so far.

HB 1424 MUST be fixed before it leaves committee.

Call Rep. Tim Wesco, the bill's author and Vice-Chairman of the Public Policy committee, and tell him we want Constitutional Carry WITHOUT COMPROMISE; fix the bill before voting it out of committee.

Then contact Rep. Ben Smaltz, the Public Policy Chairman and a co-author on the bill and tell him the same.

Tim Wesco:
    (317) 232-9753
    h21@iga.in.gov

Ben Smaltz:
    (317) 232-9850
    h52@iga.in.gov

Its my understanding that this is simply not true. I believe we have some very well informed INGOers who have covered this in the constitutional carry thread.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    from the Con Carry thread

YUP Hoosier Carry is making stuff up.

In my review and what KellyinAvon shared earlier - (post 78) - the Mental Health stuff is identical on 1022 and 1424 ... and it all refers to "Ajudicated" conclusions ... and non-voluntary commitments ...

about to jump off their boat completely. Ideal are nice - so is the real world.

Back in the day USAF MSgt KellyinAvon worked at a place called Headquarters Air Combat Command. Part of my job was to read the proposed changes to other people's guidance and provide comments on the impacts to Manpower and Organization. It's not as glamorous as it sounds, but it did prepare me to do things like compare two different House Bills and identify the differences.

For the most part the bills are identical. There a few differences:

HB 1022 provides for changing the 4 year LTCH to 5 year, aligning with HR 38. HB 1424 does not.

All of the following page references are for HB 1424:

Pages 9-10: Adds budget language for funding Police entities if licensing fees are less than a specific threshold. Includes a methodology using the past 5 fiscal years revenues from licensing, discarding the high and low amounts and averaging the remaining 3 years' dollar amount.

Page 14: Adds requirement to carry State ID if carrying a handgun without possessing a Reciprocity License.

Page 16: Adds language to define the word "register", refers to drug/alcohol convictions.

Page 22: Adds language for carrying a handgun without State ID/not having a Reciprocity License (Class C Infraction)

Page 23: Eliminates fees for 4 year reciprocity licenses. Lifetime fees remain the same.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I would say we've :horse: enough on the ConC thread, but then I remembered my motto: NO HORSE IS TOO DEAD TO BEAT!! Hoosier Carry owes me 15 minutes for the time I spent debunking their non-researched, hyperbolic waste of bandwidth. And 2 hours to BB3!! We're moving the ball down the field and somebody on our own sideline runs out to mid-field and moons the student section. We don't need this right now.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah I didn't know HC was full of crap. :(
    Some days are like that. HC pulled a similar stunt last year when they went after Rep Lucas. What's bad is HC is on INGO. If there are concerns, start a thread and we'll discuss. That's what we do, that's all we do!!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I find it helpful to bring up the actual legislation, to verify these sorts of claims for myself.

Of course, it appears to be moot, now, anyway.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I would say we've :horse: enough on the ConC thread, but then I remembered my motto: NO HORSE IS TOO DEAD TO BEAT!! Hoosier Carry owes me 15 minutes for the time I spent debunking their non-researched, hyperbolic waste of bandwidth. And 2 hours to BB3!! We're moving the ball down the field and somebody on our own sideline runs out to mid-field and moons the student section. We don't need this right now.

I know this was said in frustration, but it is an amazing metaphor. And hilarious :rofl:

Top Bottom