• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I went out this afternoon to light the grille and cook some burgers for lunch and noticed this fellow having lunch in a nearby tree.
    Just thought I'd share

IMG_2068.jpg

By the way who is going to tell me what sort of hawk this is?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Those are great pics! I've always assumed those are coopers hawks, as I see them here around the house a lot. In the last year or so, I've been seeing them more, as well as redtails. Last Fall, we were sitting at the dining room table watching a rabbit hop around in the yard, when a large Red tail came out of no where and grabbed it!:yesway:

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Nice pics. I'd guess a red tail. We have a nesting pair on the other side of the creek. Really fun to watch. My wife has a chihuahua <sp> so I have to keep my eyes moving a lot. This year I've noticed a pair of mink that have taken up residence. I've seen signs of them for about a year now, finally saw both a couple days ago.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great pics! We have a pair of red-tails that hang out around our place. They perch on the privacy fence and watch our bird feeders. Help keep the chipmunk population in check!

bradw266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nice picture. There is a redtail hawk that lives near where I work that likes to eat his catch up on top of one of the large lights in the parking lot. Beautiful animals.

gunluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    When I was kid (40 years ago) we never sw birds of prey they said it was because of DDT. I love seeing them now but it appears the snakes are gone due to the birds of prey.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nice pics. The area where I live is over run with birds of prey, but I dig it. There was a time where we went a decade without seeing one (it seemed like anyhow). The last two years a mating pair of owls have nested less than 50 yds. from the house in a big hollow tree. Across the woodline another 50 or so yards red tail hawks have set up camp in a big nest since the owls have gone. We have a bunch of pictures of them somewhere around the house.

Top Bottom