• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Never kept stats, but I'd say 90% of the loud and rude urban types get DENIED in the NICS.

Loud/Rude have nothing to do with getting denied.
    If they've got no prior felonies, no outstanding warrants, no restraining orders, no convictions for which they could have been sentenced to more than one year (even if the the judge gave a shorter sentence including probation), no convictions of misdemeanor domestic violence... they are good to go. Quiet types have those issues in their closets, too.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yup anybody can get denied, rightly or through error (had a couple of folks appeal to success).

I'll stand by my assessment of a certain "type" though. Around here they get denied often. And many times there's the question from the Feds about what address is on the form :)

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Never kept stats, but I'd say 90% of the loud and rude urban types get DENIED in the NICS.
    Have sold some guns to decent guys who kinda sorta act like that, but they the more reserved, certainly not loud and rude.
    It seems as if volume is telling of character.

The most loud/rude? The guys that come in 3 to 5 in a group reeking of weed and or booze, 5 minutes before close. Yes, intriguing culture.
    They were certainly on the loud side. Everyone around was watching them, basically they were out for attention. That's why I just walked away. I honestly have never walked away from anyone like that. But I don't think I was the only one that was annoyed by them. Why else would they walk out 5 mins after I did and look pissed. The clerk is paid to anwser questions do I figured he could help them and even show them a 4473. But I didn't let it ruin my trip. I got myself some ammo for the weekend.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    They were certainly on the loud side. Everyone around was watching them, basically they were out for attention. That's why I just walked away. I honestly have never walked away from anyone like that. But I don't think I was the only one that was annoyed by them. Why else would they walk out 5 mins after I did and look pissed. The clerk is paid to anwser questions do I figured he could help them and even show them a 4473. But I didn't let it ruin my trip. I got myself some ammo for the weekend.

Some folks don't want to be accepted, they want to be excepted, from any rules of decency and or responsibility.

You just left, didn't say anything. Good call.

Top Bottom