Have you ever considered making the calendar exportable to google calendar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    we dont have time to outsource our talent to other websites sorry.

what i was getting at is what my taw.net webmaster always tells me.
    yes anything is possible in software but do we have the resources and/or time and/or money to do it?

we as users (both here and on taw.net) can ask for the stars and moon buts its an issue of resources/manpower.

i imagine that ingo like taw is all work for free so that makes it even harder on those that keep us up and running as they have real jobs and then do this on the side...

So you are saying that AnthonyG's suggestion "you make it" and he'll implement it, may not be realistic?

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    With this said, I'm no expert on all of this... if its not worth the time, then thats all you have to say.

From that.

Nope, i already looked at it when he first posted this request, not reported as working in 4.2, but i didnt test it on a 4.2, but if it needs recoding, then that bill will have to be paid by someone.

I get the feeling you're getting a little angry...

Yes, your crystal ball was right again.

Where are you getting the impression that I "took it some other way".

I'd make it, but I don't know how or even what that would entail... and assume you have a better idea than I do on what would be involved. If its a hassle to make for the people who know how... or if you (the staff) feel its not worth the time or not a good fit for INGO, I'm cool with that.

I was simply questioning whether or not its possible? And whether or not it would be something the staff might kick around to see if it would be worth it. Thats all... Maybe with luck a computer savvy member will read the thread and take you up on your offer. Sadly, I'm not educated enough in this type of work to try.

Unless of course its as simple as creating a google account... making a calendar and PMing you the embed code.

I never said it wasnt possible & is why i offered the "you code it, ill implement it", your postings about getting ignored made me reply with an answer, as this wouldnt entail no server load to INGO, this isnt no big deal, its nothing but a simple connection to google to import it, but if you want everything to work, it will entail a lot of coding & a plugin.

You can look at what KLB posted, its not as simple as you think.

Main file of that program has 631 lines of code.
    2nd file has 1733 lines of code.
    The plugin file has 142 lines of code.

Im not going to get into the other files it uses.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's still one formatting issue...When you post a reply to a thread, there is some text at the bottom of the reply box that comes up while the reply is being posted that is unreadable.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I have a bad habit of that. For what it's worth, the "new" INGO looks fantastic. :yesway:

Yea id get a new one, yours is broke.

There's still one formatting issue...When you post a reply to a thread, there is some text at the bottom of the reply box that comes up while the reply is being posted that is unreadable.

I would suggest you post this in the proper thread, this thread isnt for posting about new style issues.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    From that.

Nope, i already looked at it when he first posted this request, not reported as working in 4.2, but i didnt test it on a 4.2, but if it needs recoding, then that bill will have to be paid by someone.

Yes, your crystal ball was right again.

I never said it wasnt possible & is why i offered the "you code it, ill implement it", your postings about getting ignored made me reply with an answer, as this wouldnt entail no server load to INGO, this isnt no big deal, its nothing but a simple connection to google to import it, but if you want everything to work, it will entail a lot of coding & a plugin.

You can look at what KLB posted, its not as simple as you think.

Main file of that program has 631 lines of code.
    2nd file has 1733 lines of code.
    The plugin file has 142 lines of code.

Im not going to get into the other files it uses.

How to Develop Interpersonal Skills: 6 Steps - wikiHow

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    This is going to turn bad.

fe90bede.jpg

Anyone up for some popcorn?

35735f6a.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yup lone it probably will.
    i hope they get a time out.
    most users have no clue how much work goes behind the scenes to keep websites/servers/it up and running. they just demand, whine, etc about this or that not working right and expect the world to stop andhave it 'fixed'.

some of our coders in taw are the real good at coding and coming up with cost effective solutions but alas have very little time and or experience to deal with non-coders and we run into these type of issues as well where the end users think the coders are coming on to strong but in reality the coders are trying to get to the gist of the problem since they do t have the luxury of time to 'browse' the website like we do. they you get users like those above who bash them. :facepalm:

sigh....

keep up the good work ingo coders! dont let these haters get to you! i know its hard work as i was once in your own shoes. stay thw course and thank you for all you do.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There is no bashing going on that I've seen. I, and most others, appreciate the work of ALL the staff here, but this is the area for forum support and suggestions. Anytime one is made, though, it seems that Anthony is overly defensive and rude. Most people aren't going to get angry if we are told that something is either impossible or impractical for INGO and the design staff, but condescension is unnecessary. If they don't want to take suggestions, that's fine, but get rid of this sub-forum. I, of course, don't speak for everyone. :twocents:

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    yup lone it probably will.
    i hope they get a time out.
    most users have no clue how much work goes behind the scenes to keep websites/servers/it up and running. they just demand, whine, etc about this or that not working right and expect the world to stop andhave it 'fixed'.

some of our coders in taw are the real good at coding and coming up with cost effective solutions but alas have very little time and or experience to deal with non-coders and we run into these type of issues as well where the end users think the coders are coming on to strong but in reality the coders are trying to get to the gist of the problem since they do t have the luxury of time to 'browse' the website like we do. they you get users like those above who bash them. :facepalm:

sigh....

keep up the good work ingo coders! dont let these haters get to you! i know its hard work as i was once in your own shoes. stay thw course and thank you for all you do.
    I have no problem with the work that's been done, in fact I think INGO looks/works better than ever.

The fact is, whether it is intentional of not, many members perceive Anthony's responses as condescending and dismissive. This is not a new or isolated occurrence and has lead me to the conclusion that either A. He is someone who may be great at his job but somewhat lacking in personal communication skills. He may not even fully realize the way he is perceived, or B. He is a rude person and simply enjoys being mean to people.

I prefer to believe the answer is "A". I have seen him politely answer questions on occasion, and sometimes even explain issues and reasons beyond what would seem necessary for him too do.

This however, is one of the instances where members who asked honest questions feel kicked in the dirt.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    or it could be a 'lost in translation' type of issue as well.
    some people are quick and to the point in their writing/style of speak and what some may see as rude others may just see as that is the way they communicate it. :dunno:

Top Bottom