Have you ever been asked to leave or kicked out of somewhere for OC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was ejected from Cabela's (A GUN STORE) for OC because (and I quote) "Why should we have to look at that?"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nope. Only rarely have folks even noticed. Even then, fewer actually say anything. Of those, the vast majority are neutral ("Didn't know you could carry that") or positive ("Nice gun! I have a xxx at home").

@Scutter01- are you sure they were talking about the gun?

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    :laugh:
    url

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I don't OC and I don't purchase firearms from stores that will not allow me to carry it in their store. All so most stores that do not allow OC or CC are over priced in my opinion.:twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Yes. The loss-prevention guy was too much of a coward to approach me himself, so he sent over one of the employees to ask me if I was a cop. When I said no, she walked back over to him, came back a few seconds later and asked me to leave. When I asked why, she pointed to my gun and said "Because why should we have to look at that?"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes. The loss-prevention guy was too much of a coward to approach me himself, so he sent over one of the employees to ask me if I was a cop. When I said no, she walked back over to him, came back a few seconds later and asked me to leave. When I asked why, she pointed to my gun and said "Because why should we have to look at that?"
    Huh, wow. I assume you answered "because you have an entire case of them right over there."? Cabela's, of ALL places! Its a flipping HUNTING store. :rolleyes:

I plan on OCing to Gander Mtn. on Friday evening for the UT Permit class. At least their "no loaded guns" policy explicitly permits licensed carry.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    "because we shouldn't have to look at that" ?? what? if guns make them that uncomfortable maybe they should stop selling them. I've never been to cabela's and now I'm not likely to go there in the future.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Huh, wow. I assume you answered "because you have an entire case of them right over there."? Cabela's, of ALL places! Its a flipping HUNTING store. :rolleyes:

I was too ticked to argue. I just left. I wrote a letter to the store management but never got a response. I've never spent another dime there since.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I was OC'ing at "JCPenny" with my ex - security surrounded me and asked me to put it in my vehicle or leave. We left our cart of $600+ in merchandise and bailed.

Haven't been back - also haven't OC'd since then.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    McDonald's in Franklin a few years back. Management did not have the guts to approach me themselves they called Franklin PD in on the case to assist! Seems I made a couple of Mommies upset and did not want the kiddies seeing a guy with a gun

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    McDonald's in Franklin a few years back. Management did not have the guts to approach me themselves they called Franklin PD in on the case to assist! Seems I made a couple of Mommies upset and did not want the kiddies seeing a guy with a gun

So they respond by dispatching a legion of guys with guns to the location *laugh*

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    We shouldn't have to look at someone carrying items we sell??? Hmm ...is this the same reason why burgers at fast food places never look as good as what you see in their advertisement??? ....and why no one who works at the ff place wants to eat there???? :D

Sounds like a pretty scary place to work for someone who is afraid of guns. Smart, really smart.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It happened to me once while attending a benefit dinner at a VFW of all places. An old guy approached me and asked me to secure it in my vehicle because "they didn't want any trouble or anything".
    th_blink.gif

I was there for a good cause and did not want to cause a disruption to interfere with that so I politely complied. I didn't bother to inform him that at least 70% of all the adults there were CCing though. :):

The guy was obviously a veteran volunteering there. I'm still amazed to see that attitude from someone like that. :dunno:

I knew I had many friends there that would have my back if the unexpected occurred so I didn't get too worried about it.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    I attempted to shop at Cirilla's in Greenwood with my girlfriend at the time and was asked to leave before I could enter the door.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Bass Pro shop a few times now. Manager came up to me and asked if I would take my gun out to my car and I said no that I didnt want it stolen from my car in their parking lot and he said I would have to leave the store then and come back sometime when my gun isnt with me. He said it is against company policy. I told him to put a sign or no guns allowed sticker on the door because if it isnt posted then I can carry wherever I want to. He said if we didnt leave he would call the police. Now when I go in there IF I go in there (because of boredom) I cc . At the time I was still LEO and laughed at him as I showed him my badge.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    No problems yet, I have OC here in Vincennes at a few eating establishments and stores. Its a small town, I never see anybody OC except of course a few of my friends.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I OC all over NWI including Cabelas and Bass Pro. In 3 years of OCing I've only Bern asked to take it to the car one time and that was at the BW3 in Portage.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Never yet :):. But I have CCed a couple of times when I knew OC would result in me being asked to leave. Such as at the blueberry fest, no town ordinance against it, but it is a festival rule. And I'm sure I was made at the blueberry fest, the officer at the walkway in glanced down at my hip and gave me a look like I must be joking but didn't say a word. I was very lightly concealed.

And my Sister in laws, she is not anti, but her SO is. If I have to be in their house for more than a quick stop, I do disarm. But just to run in for 5 minutes or so...:dunno:

I've OCed just about everywhere else, including into my local courthouse to vote, a week ago in downtown Indy eating at the Hard rock cafe, and everywhere in between NWI and Indy.

Top Bottom