Have you ever accidentally laughed when you see a gun price.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I couldn't help it, but I wanted to see the saiga rifle on the wall. It looked new from a distance, but when it got close I could see it was used. Pulled back the charging handle and looked inside to see a dirty gun. I looked at the price tag and saw that they only wanted $550 for such a rare gem and I couldn't help it at all and I just laughed out loud like someone just told me a dirty joke. Oh, but it did come with 4 promag magazines so that could have made the difference.

I just couldn't help but laugh, and the sad thing is that it wasn't the only dirty gun up there. If I wanted to sell rifles I think I'd get off my hind end and take the few minutes it takes to clean the rifle for a good showing.

I didn't mean to be rude, but seriously I couldn't help but laugh.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    no accident

I always laugh on purpose.:draw:

I couldn't help it, but I wanted to see the saiga rifle on the wall. It looked new from a distance, but when it got close I could see it was used. Pulled back the charging handle and looked inside to see a dirty gun. I looked at the price tag and saw that they only wanted $550 for such a rare gem and I couldn't help it at all and I just laughed out loud like someone just told me a dirty joke. Oh, but it did come with 4 promag magazines so that could have made the difference.

I just couldn't help but laugh, and the sad thing is that it wasn't the only dirty gun up there. If I wanted to sell rifles I think I'd get off my hind end and take the few minutes it takes to clean the rifle for a good showing.

I didn't mean to be rude, but seriously I couldn't help but laugh.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Ask more than your bottom line. That's pretty much sales 101 when you aren't in retail. Occasionally someone will pay sticker price.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have done that as well, especially at the gun shows, when they are trying to sell some old worn out guns for more then what I'd pay for a new one. When I was younger, i tried explaining that I could get a better deal for a new one then their used one, but I've given up. Course, I've also laughed at the misidentified guns as well. Told one store that had it wrong, and was on the side of the pistol what it was.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I used to laugh at Gander Mountain, until I realized they were serious :n00b:

They won't budge on those used prices, no matter how long they have sat in the case. Maybe that is just my experience with them

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I used to laugh at Gander Mountain, until I realized they were serious :n00b:

They won't budge on those used prices, no matter how long they have sat in the case. Maybe that is just my experience with them

Nope you are not alone. I was looking at a used AR and asked if they could help on the price since it would be my fifth* gun I bought from them. I couldn't even get a manager to respond. The guy behind the counter tried his best to tell me the manager was busy and that they usual don't haggle. Then I asked for a box of ammo, after all it was my fifth* one.

*All of them were on sale or a decent used price!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    There was one gunshop I used to go to frequently till I realized everytime I asked to see a gun the owner would tell me that that gun was the hottest selling gun and hard to come by and he was only supplier. I started laughing everytime he said this. He would seriously say that about every gun. I of course have quit going there. Just couldnt handle laughing and seeing his poor hurt face anymore lol.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I don't laugh but I have said with a loud voice and a mock bewildered smile. "C'mon quit kidding around and be serious, how much do you really want?"

The reaction to this is priceless. You should try it some time.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Probably have, but my biggest guffaw was at the 1500 Gun and junk show, last room, I turned and a middle aged gentleman was standing next to me at a table wearing a jeans jacket and a dress, purse on one shoulder, rifle on the other. First time outside of professional Law Enforcement work had I encountered a he/she so close and my natural reaction was to laugh like a schoolboy. My appologies to Andy Oakley for my lack of PC, but to me that was a burst out laughing moment.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    If you really want a good laugh, go to a store with known high prices and try and trade in one of your firearms toward the purchase of a new one. I took a gun into my LGS that only had 100 or so rounds through it, was clean and in perfect shape, with the original box and an extra magazine, and they offered me about 30% of what they were selling the same model brand new for. I also spied a used one they were trying to sell for over 100% more than they offered me. I don't mind a store trying to make a profit, but come on.

Needless to say, this whole adventure earned the salesman a laugh in the face.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Got a good one a couple years back at the 1500, some chuckle head had a gen2 G23 for $475. I asked how low he'd go, he said "well, it doesn't have a magazine :n00b: so I can probably go $460."

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I personally laughed when I encountered a former USMC and he said he shoots 7.62x53...no joke. I just kind of chuckled and then looked on his facebook wall and saw that he gave personal firearm lessons. One of his calibers was.....you guessed it=7.62x53. WOW

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    If you really want a good laugh, go to a store with known high prices and try and trade in one of your firearms toward the purchase of a new one. I took a gun into my LGS that only had 100 or so rounds through it, was clean and in perfect shape, with the original box and an extra magazine, and they offered me about 30% of what they were selling the same model brand new for. I also spied a used one they were trying to sell for over 100% more than they offered me. I don't mind a store trying to make a profit, but come on.

Needless to say, this whole adventure earned the salesman a laugh in the face.

Please tell me where......One of the local stores up for best gunshop perhaps? It is really crazy how bad some shops will try to screw you over! Oh, and I'm tired of the 'ole just trying to make a living bullcrap remark:ingo:

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I laugh at most used gun prices at shops. I realize and am very happy firearms keep their value - but unless it's a classic....I will spend the extra $50 to $75 bucks on a new one.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Yep. I did this and couldnt help myself at the 1500 last year, guy had a Garand and gave me the run down on how it was a Correct Grade hand picked. He told me the price, a good $300 over CMP. I offended him when I laughed and called him out on it.

Top Bottom