Have FFL transfer questions..any FFLs here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am the high bidder of a handgun on Gunbroker.com. This is my first purchase from a private party instead of an out-of-state FFL firearms dealer. After reading some of the threads here, it seems certain FFLs won't take firearms from non-dealers. What I need to know if there are any FFLs that will take this transfer for me? The private party seller said that if he takes it to an FFL in his state, he might get lucky and find someone to do the send off. He is in New Jersey and he said the FFLs there walk on egg shells. The auction was for next day air and quoted at $40-$50S&H. He said if he has to take it to an FFL there to ship it, they will likely charge $70ish.

Can anyone help me out? What do you need from a private party, just a name and address? I am in the Indy metro area and am willing to travel anywhere in the metro area to pick-up the firearm and do the background check. Just post your price and contact information on this threat or PM me. He has a fax to receive the FFL copy and will send it to the address on the FFL. Obviously one will need to be present at the time of delivery, which I will let you know of as soon as I get a tracking #.

Thanks!

Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Did you try the Gunbroker forums? They have some FAQs there. Or the Gunroker how to buy section. Wish I could help more :dunno:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have some FFLs that I have called, but between what I am reading here and such, I am not sure how the process works on this end for the FFL. What info do they need from seller, etc.. I want to try to clear this up and let the seller know what he will need to provide on his end prior to having him ship it away.

Any FFLs can respond via PM if they like. I am looking at the store forum and have already found at least one that advertises non-dealer transfers.

Thanks again.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    The seller could send it to Premier Arms in Brownsburg,they accept from individuals, as well as Plainfield Shooting supply. Usually if I ship a gun out I send the FFl a copy of my DL with the gun, also if it is from gun broker they might want the auction listing #.

Top Bottom