• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    My credit card wad charged on 9/21/10 for my Raven holster and mag carrier. As of today 10/2/10. I have not received the product in question. I have sent an email through the Malabar Front website, and an email as a response to the order acknowledgment that I received. Neither email has received a response. I have no issue with waiting 3-4 months for the product to ship, but when my card id charged, I do expect the product to arrive promptly, or at least have my emails responded to.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    In addition to posting in this forum, you could PM Tom Fineis directly-- that may speed up a response. Good luck!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If you have your order number, check Raven Concealment's Facebook page. They list the blocks of orders that have shipped, are in production and are in queue.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    The Keymaster,

Your order entered production on the 21st, which is when your card was charged. We send emails when an order enters production, but I see from your order screen that the maker neglected to send you that confirmation. I apologize for his oversight and will be sure to address that internally. Orders typically take a week and a half to make it through the production process.

The 9800 range is in shipping and should be shipped on Monday or Tuesday for you. You will receive an email when it ships.

I have sent an email through the Malabar Front website, and an email as a response to the order acknowledgment that I received. Neither email has received a response.

I would like to address this issue specifically.

I have searched all three of our inboxes, I see one email from you sent at 8:10pm on Friday (our business hours are 10-7, M-F). This post was made at 1:00pm today (Saturday), not even 24 hours after the initial email.

The reason your email is 'unanswered' is because the office isn't open today. I am online now doing some personal stuff, and have no problem helping you clear this up.

We strive to do our very best for production and communication. We made a mistake by failing to notify you when the order entered production, and for that I apologize. However, I think it's a bit premature to expect a reply to an email sent after business hours on a Friday, and go public with such information not even a full day after it was sent.

In the future, if you need an immediate response, please contact me directly. My emails go to my Blackberry and I do my best to answer them immediately - even on my days off.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

The Keymaster

Master
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Tom,

Just to make things clear, The Friday email was the second of 2 that I sent. The first was sent on Thursday through the Malabar Front website.

Thanks for the update. The reason for my concern was the following statement taken directly from the my account page on the website:

06/21/2010 Processing Thanks for your order. We’re about 12-13 weeks deep in orders at the moment. You will be notified via email when your order ships. You will not be charged until your order is ready. Bob
    Based on this statement, I assumed that my card was being charged because my order was ready, and being shipped. I was concerned that it had been lost in shipping. Perhaps the wording on this response should be changed.

Thanks again, and I will be looking forward to receiving my order.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    Tom,

Just to make things clear, The Friday email was the second of 2 that I sent. The first was sent on Thursday through the Malabar Front website.

I can only speak of the emails I see. I believe there must be an issue with the email sent on Thursday, because I simply don't see it here. I searched for your name, your order number, and your email address. The only one I find is the one sent yesterday. This is neither your fault or ours, but I can only respond to the emails I receive.

06/21/2010 Processing Thanks for your order. We’re about 12-13 weeks deep in orders at the moment. You will be notified via email when your order ships. You will not be charged until your order is ready. Bob
    Based on this statement, I assumed that my card was being charged because my order was ready, and being shipped. I was concerned that it had been lost in shipping. Perhaps the wording on this response should be changed.

Thanks again, and I will be looking forward to receiving my order.

We changed our policy recently to charge the cards when the order enters production. This actually speeds up the delivery of your items. We are working through the email list to notify everyone of this change, but sending 3000 individual emails (our webstore doesn't have a way to delineate pending vs completed orders) takes time. I understand the confusion and apologize if it created apprehension on your part.

Charging the card immediately allows us to weed out the declined orders before a maker wastes his time on them, and before our shipping guy wastes time packaging them. This allows us to produce and ship the orders quicker.

We appreciate your business, and I'm confident you'll be pleased with the gear when it arrives. When you get the shipping notification email, feel free to respond to it with a request for a tracking number. I'm happy to provide tracking info so you know exactly when it will arrive.

As always, if you need something in the future, feel free to contact me direct.

Have a good weekend,

Tom

Top Bottom