Has anyone here tried the VA disability claim online process?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm about to the point my knee is bothering me enough I'm going to reapply. I was talking to a guy who recently separated and he said you can apply online now. I looked on the web site and it said it was temporarily down. I'm not sure how temporary. Has anyone here tried it, and of so what did you think?

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I would have to say that I would rather do something as important as this in person. But , I'm sure they got the bugs are out of it before they brought it on line. I hope you're able to get all you're entitled to. Good luck.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would have to say that I would rather do something as important as this in person. But , I'm sure they got the bugs are out of it before they brought it on line. I hope you're able to get all you're entitled to. Good luck.

I tried it in person years ago and the experience was so bad if I can do it online, I'm going to.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I did my applications at the Veterans Affairs office in downtown Bloomington. They know how to word the forms so as to increase your chances of getting the disability rating.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I'm about to the point my knee is bothering me enough I'm going to reapply. I was talking to a guy who recently separated and he said you can apply online now. I looked on the web site and it said it was temporarily down. I'm not sure how temporary. Has anyone here tried it, and of so what did you think?

I tried it before, won't try again. From now on I'm going with an advocate.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    After talking with a few people with successful claims, I'm using a DAV advocate. I have to get new x-rays to submit and then we're ready to go. I *truly* hate this, I hate dealing with the VA and I hate "disability". I just hate them slightly less than paying for my own knee replacement.

Top Bottom